Make Sure That Your Legacy Is Passed Down from Generation to Generation
When you write about yourself, an acquaintance, or a member of your family, it is important to convey your message effectively. Whether you are writing for your children, your grandchildren, or a larger audience, we will ensure that your narrative comes across clearly and cleanly.
We'll look at your memoir with a keen eye toward making it stronger and more engaging. This service combines line editing and proofreading to improve your draft by cleaning up the writing so that you can concentrate on the creative process and achieve your writing goal.
Our professional editors will ensure that no errors will distract your audience or detract from the personal story you want to pass down to the next generation.
What will you receive?
- Line-by-line editing of your memoir to improve clarity, organization, and flow while maintaining your authorial voice, giving you a stronger, much improved personal story tailored to your target audience
- Corrections of spelling and grammar errors, typos, and inconsistencies
- Tracked revisions so that you can see and review all of our changes, giving you complete creative control
- Suggestions to improve the style, tone, word choice, and sentence structure of your manuscript
- Extensive critical commentary, indicating where arguments need more support, where the narrative or flow could be improved, where there are unfinished or contradictory thoughts, and more
- Identification of what's not working in your memoir and any areas that can be improved
- Personalized editor notes that provide a summary of the work that has been done and highlight the next steps necessary to complete your masterpiece
What types of documents can you use this service for?
- Family histories
- Genealogical research
Why should I trust Scribendi with my manuscript?
We will keep your files secure. We know how hard you have worked, so security and confidentiality are always ensured. We will never make a claim on your copyright, and we keep all personal information private. We can work with most major word-processing file types, and uploads and downloads are always safe and securely encrypted.
We have experienced editors. Our editors, many of whom are published authors, have an average of 15 years of experience editing successful books in nearly every genre and format. Your manuscript will be sent to editors who are familiar with, and enjoy, the memoir genre. Our editors will follow your specific guidelines when they revise your memoir, looking for any issues you've mentioned. When the order is completed and you are satisfied with your editor, you can request them on subsequent orders to build a successful working relationship. If your editor is not available, you can wait until they are free—or, if time is of the essence, you can work with another qualified editor.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any concerns about your order, our quality assurance team will ensure that your editor has met our rigorous quality standards. Our quality assurance process ensures high-quality line editing every time.