Improve Your Book with Professional Editing
It feels amazing to finish the first draft of a book, be it a novel, short story, or nonfiction book. After the euphoria fades, though, you may realize that more work is needed before you can begin the publication process. If you want to be successful in an increasingly competitive market, you need expert advice at every stage. Once you've finished your first draft, you can start with a book critique to get an honest review of your work. After you've done some rewriting, you can follow up with professional editing. Whether you're seeking acceptance from a traditional publishing house or are looking to self-publish an ebook, our experienced book editors can enhance your writing and provide the critical commentary you need to take your book to the next level.
At Scribendi, we want to support you at every stage of writing, regardless of how much writing experience you have. Editing not only provides you with fresh insight about your work but also increases the likelihood of success in your writing career. We will provide the affordable, high-quality editing you need, and we will help make you a better writer.
Our Book Editing service combines developmental editing and copy editing to improve your draft. Our book editors can clean up your writing so that you can concentrate on the creative process.
For fiction, we look closely at plot, characterization, dialogue, and other narrative elements. For nonfiction, we examine the support for your arguments, the organization of your book, and the clarity of your prose. For books of every genre and length (including short stories and poems), we review your writing for stylistic and mechanical issues, ensuring consistency and providing constructive feedback.
What will I receive?
- Line-by-line editing of your book to improve clarity, organization, and flow while maintaining your authorial voice, giving you a stronger, much improved book tailored to your target audience
- Corrections of spelling and grammar errors, typos, and inconsistencies
- Tracked revisions so that you can see and review all of your editor's changes, giving you complete creative control over your book
- Suggestions to improve the style, tone, point of view, word choice, and sentence structure of your book
- Extensive critical commentary, indicating where arguments need more support, where the storyline or flow could be improved, where there are unfinished or contradictory thoughts, and more
- Identification of what's not working in your book and any areas that can be improved
- Personalized editor notes providing a summary of the work that has been done and highlighting your next steps for improving your book
What types of writing qualify for book editing?
- Novels, novellas, and short stories
- Plays and screenplays
- Poems and collections of poetry
- General nonfiction (memoirs, biographies, self-help books, etc.)
- Chapters or passages of longer fiction and nonfiction works
If you are hoping to self-publish your book as an ebook, this service is for you! We also recommend our Ebook Formatting service if you want your ebook formatted to Kindle™ requirements.
Are you taking the traditional publishing route? If so, you might want to order a Query Package once you've had your book edited. Our Query Package service will provide you with a query letter, a synopsis, and an outline that will help you sell your book to a publisher or literary agent.
Why should I trust Scribendi with my book?
We will keep your files secure. We know how hard you have worked to write your book, so security and confidentiality are always ensured. We will never make a claim on your copyright, and we keep your personal information private. We work with most major word-processing file types, and uploads and downloads are always safe and securely encrypted.
We have editing expertise. Our editors, many of whom are published authors, have an average of 15 years of experience editing successful books in nearly every genre and format. Your book will be sent to editors who are familiar with (and enjoy) your genre. Our editors will follow your specific guidelines when they revise your book, looking for any issues you've mentioned in your order instructions. If you are satisfied with the editor who completed your order, you can request them for subsequent orders. If your requested editor is not available, we will ensure that another qualified editor completes your order so that it is returned on time.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any concerns about your order, our quality assurance team will guarantee that our rigorous quality standards are met, using a quality assurance process that ensures high-quality work every time.
Customer satisfaction is Scribendi's top priority, and authors from all around the world are happy with our services. Check out some of our author case studies:
- Tammy Wilkinson—Blood of the Ancients
- Michael Bivona—Traveling Around the World with Mike and Barbara Bivona
- Roman Krzanowski, Ph.D.—The Tao of Network Design
- Andrea Stein—Rough Harbor
Still have questions? Don't hesitate to contact our customer relationship specialists, who are available between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. EST.