Get Your Final Draft Reviewed before You Press "Publish"
Self-publishing your ebook is challenging, and having spelling errors in your how-to guide or inconsistencies in your storyline can ruin your reputation as an author. Let our professional ebook proofreaders have a final look at your ebook and provide you with the necessary copy editing to ensure that you attract readers for the right reason: a well-written ebook.
Our Ebook Proofreading service is designed for ebooks that are almost ready to be published and just need a final proofread. We’ll spot and correct the lingering errors in a text that you’ve read too many times to notice the niggling problems—spelling, grammar, and typographical errors. We’ll clean and polish your ebook so that you can become a bestseller on Amazon™ or Smashwords™.
What will you receive?
- A book that has been proofread line by line
- Correction of grammar errors, spelling errors, and typos
- Tracked revisions so that you can see and review all the changes that have been made
- Commentary and suggestions regarding any issues or concerns that have been noted
- A short summary of the work that has been done and any major concerns
What types of books can you use this service for?
- Novels, novellas, and short stories
- Plays and screenplays
- General nonfiction (memoirs, biographies, self-help, etc.)
- Note: Proofreading is typically for final drafts of books that have already been edited. If you would like help with word choice, sentence structure, style, plot, structure, and organization, please consider our Ebook Editing service.
- Note: This service is not appropriate for journal articles or academic work, but our Academic Proofreading service or English Academic Editing service (for ESL writers) can provide everything you need and more!
What formats of your ebook can we accept?
- Word™ Documents/PDFs: We will accept Word documents or PDFs of your ebook and will make the comments right in your document.
- All Kindle™ and ePub files: We will accept all Kindle and ePub formats; however, you must also send a Word document or PDF. Because most ebook formats do not allow comments to be made directly in the book, we will make the comments in the Word document or PDF. This is the easiest method in terms of allowing you to implement changes.
Scribendi has more than 20 years of experience, and our ebook proofreaders have worked with a vast range of genres and formats, in both fiction and nonfiction. We offer secure file uploads and downloads, and we keep your material confidential. Your personal information is also kept strictly private.
It is easy to get started. Just get an instant quote below so that you can place your order today!