Get a Professional Book Critique
Everyone needs an unbiased critique of their work. Sharing your book with friends, family, and colleagues may get you some pats on the back, but none of these people can give you the honest and objective book critique you need to publish your book. If you want to be successful in an increasingly competitive market, you need the expert opinion of an experienced writing professional. Take the first step: get a professional book critique.
At Scribendi, we want to support you at every stage of writing, regardless of how much writing experience you have. Our Book Critique service provides you with expert advice on your initial draft, highlighting your book's next steps and areas that could be improved. We will provide the affordable, high-quality critique you need, and we will help make you a better writer.
After reading your book from start to finish, we write a systematic and detailed analysis of your work. For fiction, we look closely at plot, characterization, dialogue, and other narrative elements. For nonfiction, we examine the support for your arguments, the organization of your book, and the clarity of your prose. For books of every genre and length (including short stories and poems), we suggest ways to make your work more salable to your target audience.
So, tell Mom you love her, and thank her for reading your work. Then, take the next step on your writing journey, and get some advice you can actually put to good use.
What will I receive?
- An easy-to-follow critique of your book that is 1–2 pages in length (in a Microsoft Word™ file)
- An assessment of the elements that might affect the salability of your book
- An analysis of the key elements of your work, such as plot, dialogue, characterization, structure, coherence, consistency, and organization
- Critical commentary indicating where arguments need more support, where the storyline or flow could be improved, where there are unfinished or contradictory thoughts, and more
- Identification of what's not working in your book and any areas that could be improved
What types of writing qualify for a book critique?
- Novels, novellas, and short stories
- Plays and screenplays
- Poems and collections of poetry
- General nonfiction (memoirs, biographies, self-help, etc.)
Please note that this service does not include line-by-line editing. If you do need in-depth revisions of style, typos, inconsistencies, and spelling and grammar errors, you're in luck! Scribendi's Book Editing service provides all of this and more.
Why should I trust Scribendi with my book?
We keep your files secure. We know how hard you have worked to write your book, so security and confidentiality are always ensured. We will never make a claim on your copyright, and we keep your personal information private. We work with most major word-processing file types, and uploads and downloads are always safe and securely encrypted.
We have writing expertise. Our book critique writers are all professional editors with an average of 15 years of experience editing successful books in nearly every genre and format. Your book will be sent to writers who are familiar with (and enjoy) your genre, so they will be able to provide the constructive criticism you need to bring your story to life. If you are satisfied with their work, you can request them for subsequent orders. If your requested editor is not available, we will ensure that another qualified editor completes your order so that it is returned on time.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any concerns about your order, our quality assurance team will guarantee that our rigorous quality standards are met, using a quality assurance process that ensures high-quality work every time.
Customer satisfaction is Scribendi's top priority, and authors from all around the world are happy with our services. Check out some of our author case studies:
- Tammy Wilkinson—Blood of the Ancients
- Michael Bivona—Traveling Around the World with Mike and Barbara Bivona
- Roman Krzanowski, Ph.D.—The Tao of Network Design
- Andrea Stein—Rough Harbor
Still have questions? Don't hesitate to contact our customer relationship specialists, who are available between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. EST.