Get Editing to Improve Your Manuscript
It feels amazing to finish the first draft of a manuscript, be it a novel, short story, or nonfiction book. After the euphoria fades, though, you may realize that more work is needed before you can begin the publication process. If you want to be successful in an increasingly competitive market, you need a manuscript critique and professional editing. Whether you're seeking acceptance from a traditional publishing house or are looking to self-publish, our experienced book editors can smooth out your writing and provide the critical commentary you need to take your manuscript to the next level.
At Scribendi, we want to support you at every stage of writing, regardless of how much experience you have as a writer. Editing not only provides you with fresh insight about your writing but also increases the likelihood of success in your writing career. We can provide the affordable, high-quality editing you need, and we can help make you a better writer.
Our Manuscript Editing service combines developmental editing and copy editing to improve your draft by cleaning up the writing so that you can concentrate on the creative process. For fiction, we look closely at plot, characterization, dialogue, and other elements. For nonfiction, we look at the support for your arguments, the organization of your manuscript, and the clarity of your prose. And for manuscripts of any genre, we review your writing for stylistic and mechanical issues, ensuring consistency and providing constructive feedback.
What will you receive?
- Line-by-line editing of your manuscript to improve clarity, organization, and flow while maintaining your authorial voice, giving you a stronger, much improved manuscript tailored to your target audience
- Corrections of spelling and grammar errors, typos, and inconsistencies
- Tracked revisions so that you can see and review all of our changes, giving you complete creative control
- Suggestions to improve the style, tone, point of view, word choice, and sentence structure of your manuscript
- Extensive critical commentary, indicating where arguments need more support, where the storyline or flow could be improved, where there are unfinished or contradictory thoughts, and more
- Identification of what's not working in your manuscript and any areas that can be improved
- Personalized editor notes providing a summary of the work that has been done and highlighting next steps for your manuscript
What types of manuscripts can you use this service for?
- Novels, novellas, and short stories
- Plays and screenplays
- Poems and collections of poetry
- General nonfiction (memoirs, biography, self-help, etc.)
- Chapters or passages of longer fiction and nonfiction works
Note: This service is not appropriate for journal articles or academic documents. Luckily, if you have such a document, our Academic Editing service or English Academic Editing service (for ESL writers) can provide everything you need and more!
Why should I trust Scribendi with my manuscript?
We will keep your files secure. We know how hard you have worked to write your manuscript, so security and confidentiality are always ensured. We will never make a claim on your copyright, and we keep all personal information private. We can work with most major word-processing file types, and uploads and downloads are always safe and securely encrypted.
We have experienced editors. Our editors, many of whom are published authors, have an average of 15 years of experience editing successful books in nearly every genre and format. Your manuscript will be sent to editors who are familiar with, and enjoy, your genre. Our editors will follow your specific guidelines when they revise your manuscript, looking for any issues you’ve mentioned. When the order is completed and you are satisfied with your editor, you can request them on subsequent orders to build a successful working relationship with them. If your editor is not available, you can wait until they are available—or, if time is of the essence, you can work with another qualified editor.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any concerns about your order, our quality assurance team will ensure that your editor has met our rigorous quality standards. Our quality assurance process ensures high-quality editing every time.
Still not convinced? Check out some of our author case studies:
- Tammy Wilkinson—Blood of the Ancients
- Michael Bivona—Retired? What's Next?
- Roman Krzanowski, Ph.D.—The Tao of Network Design
- Andrea Stein—Rough Harbor