Now that you know what a chronological resume is and how to format one, let’s take a look at an example chronological resume for someone with a solid work history and one for a recent graduate.
There are many different kinds of resumes out there; in this economy, your resume needs to stand out. One of the newest types of resumes, the functional resume, can be tricky to write, particularly if you have never seen a functional resume before. Our resume editors have put together a functional resume example to help you land that dream job. Good luck!
123 Spruce Avenue
Anytown, MI 12345
Healthcare professional, experienced in work across the lifespan and in environments that necessitate strong medical knowledge and patience; trustworthy, ethical, and discreet; committed to providing superior care for all ages; confident and poised during stressful circumstances; detail-oriented and able to manage multiple patients effectively.
• Performed routine personal care
• Assisted nursing staff with day-to-day duties
• Provided comprehensive care to children and their families
• Assessed necessary patient care
• Ordered additional testing as required
• Assisted with pediatric surgeries
• Provided basic bedside care
• Assisted patients with bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene
• Monitored patients and reported any adverse reactions to medication
Pediatric Care Nurse, Anytown General Hospital, Anytown, MI
Practical Nurse, Anytown Nursing Home, Anytown, MI
Medical Orderly, Anytown Nursing Home, Anytown, MI
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Anytown University, Anytown, MI (2004)
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Anytown Technical College, Anytown, MI (2000)
Practical Nursing Diploma
Available upon request
Image source: Olu Eletu/Unsplash.com