Scribendi is the world's leading provider of professional editing and proofreading services. Our company mission is to help writers reach their highest potential and achieve their goals. Headquartered in Chatham, Ontario, we offer a corporate culture that promotes collaboration and encourages creativity and innovation. This is your chance to join an energetic and motivated team in an inviting environment founded on flexibility and continuous learning.
As a global company, we offer two equally beneficial employment options: working at our corporate headquarters in Chatham, Ontario, or working remotely from the comfort of your home.
Customer Relationship Specialist (Full-time)
The CRS must maintain and improve upon Scribendi’s reputation for prompt, thorough, and comprehensive customer service. The successful candidate will work well with others, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and be able to work independently. The position entails working a combination of day, afternoon, and weekend shifts.
The CRS will answer questions via email, phone, or in person (reception) regarding Scribendi’s various service offerings; provide quotes for retail services; troubleshoot minor technical issues related to word processing programs, email, and/or the Scribendi website; resolve complaints and issues related to services provided; ensure regular and timely follow-ups on queries; gently upsell additional services, where appropriate; and provide advice with respect to useful resources for the client/potential client. All work and related processes must be kept strictly confidential.
A well-rounded knowledge of computers and various programs; college or university degree preferred; excellent reading, writing, and verbal communication skills; ability to work well with others; ability to work independently; confident in decision making; ability to read between the lines; ability to follow direction and instructions; able to think outside the box; strong attention to detail; ability to multi-task with ease; ability to think on their feet under pressure and in busy situations.
Please apply by email to scribendi (dot) hr (at) scribendi (dot) com
Scribendi is committed to equal opportunity employment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.
As one of our talented remote editors, you'll have the ability to work from home while choosing the types of assignments that interest you. You can interact with both in-house and other remote staff through online forums and company newsletters and memos, and you'll also receive free training and incentives that can be redeemed at online retailers. You won't have any of the hassles of bidding or pitching to clients and you will have job security and be paid promptly.
Working with Scribendi requires a moderate level of computer and Internet knowledge. You need to be comfortable downloading and uploading files, attaching files to emails, saving and finding files on your computer, file transfers, renaming files, and using a website interface. You should have a good working knowledge of the major document file formats and their associated software programs. As we also sometimes get documents that misbehave, some ability to troubleshoot technical problems is helpful.
- A university degree in a relevant field
- At least three years of experience in editing, writing, document production, or language teaching
- Native-level English ability
- Excellent reading comprehension skills and the ability to follow written instructions and work independently
- Be absolutely fanatical about meeting deadlines
- An average editing/proofreading speed of 1,000-1,500 words per hour
- Microsoft Word 2010 or later on a secure PC (not Mac) computer
- Broadband/high-speed Internet access
- The ability to accept payments in your own account in US dollars using PayPal.com. Please review PayPal's international payment network for more details
- A graduate degree in a relevant field
- Access to additional word processing/document production software (e.g., Star/Open Office, Word Perfect, Open Office, LaTeX, Acrobat, iWorks, Final Draft, Publisher, PageMaker)
- In-depth knowledge of one or more style guides (e.g., Chicago Manual of Style, Turabian, APA)
Please note that applications for this position are NOT accepted by email. Please do not call or email for more information about a position or to discuss an application. Only applicants selected for evaluation will be contacted. If you have questions about telecommute positions, please see our Employment FAQ.