Work for Scribendi
Scribendi is the world's leading editing and proofreading service. Our company mission is to help writers reach their highest potential and achieve their goals. Headquartered in Chatham, Ontario, we offer a corporate culture that promotes collaboration and encourages creativity and innovation. This is your chance to join an energetic and motivated team in an inviting environment founded on flexibility and continuous learning.
As a global company, we offer two equally beneficial employment options: working at our corporate headquarters in Chatham, Ontario, or working remotely from the comfort of your home.
The marketing assistant will support and collaborate with the marketing team to build brand awareness, uphold Scribendi.com as an authority in the field of editing and proofreading, gain links from credible sources, and draw qualified leads to our site.
- Writing social media updates and sharing them via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other relevant social networks
- Curating relevant content to distribute on our social networks
- Analysing social media and blog metrics to ensure effectiveness and strategize future content
- Posting regular blog updates using our content management system
- Evaluating guest posting and link building opportunities that will help us gain valuable exposure and links from high-quality sources
- Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Highly motivated, with the ability to take initiative and solve problems independently.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' content.
- The ability to learn quickly and continuously.
- The ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and produce high-quality results.
- Strong communication, organization, and time-management skills.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the major social media platforms and search engine optimization best practices is an asset.
- Design skills and competency in Adobe Photoshop or other photo editing software are an asset.
Full-time (12 month contract leading to permanent)
Please apply with a resume, cover letter, and writing samples to scribendi (dot) hr (at) scribendi (dot) com
As one of our talented remote editors, you'll have the ability to work from home while choosing the types of assignments that interest you. You can interact with both in-house and other remote staff through online forums and company newsletters and memos, and you'll also receive free training and incentives that can be redeemed at online retailers. You won't have any of the hassle of bidding or pitching to clients, but you will have job security and be paid promptly.
Working with Scribendi requires a moderate level of computer and Internet knowledge. You need to be comfortable downloading and uploading files, attaching files to emails, saving and finding files on your computer, file transfers, renaming files, and using a website interface. You should have a good working knowledge of the major document file formats and their associated software programs. As we also sometimes get documents that misbehave, some ability to troubleshoot technical problems is helpful.
- A university degree in a relevant field
- At least three years of experience in editing, writing, document production, or language teaching
- English must be your native language
- Excellent reading comprehension skills, and the ability to follow written instructions and work independently
- Be absolutely fanatical about meeting deadlines
- An average editing/proofreading speed of 1,000-1,500 words per hour
- Microsoft Word 2010 on a secure PC (not Mac) computer
- Broadband/high-speed Internet access
- The ability to accept payments in your own account in US dollars using PayPal.com. Please review PayPal's international payment network for more details
- A graduate degree in a relevant field
- Access to additional word processing/document production software (e.g., Star/Open Office, Word Perfect, Open Office, LaTeX, Acrobat, iWorks, Publisher, PageMaker, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of one or more style guides (e.g., Chicago Manual of Style, Turabian, APA, etc.)
Please note that applications for this position are NOT accepted by email. Please do not call or email for more information about a position or to discuss an application. Only applicants selected for evaluation will be contacted.
If you have questions about telecommute positions, please see our Employment FAQ.