Writing an ebook is hard enough; you shouldn’t also have to worry about formatting and converting
your ebook so it meets the requirements of Amazon or Smashwords.
Leave your ebook formatting to the experts!
As an author, you want your ebook to look professional, and we take this job very seriously. Your ebook will have a dedicated formatter, who will go line by line through your content making sure that you have consistent spacing, font sizes, and headers.
Just submit your Word document as is, and our expert, human ebook formatters will do the rest. Some companies use ebook formatting software, but it often misses things, which is why everything is done by hand by our professional ebook formatters. We will turn your Word document into a beautiful, professional-looking ebook while sparing you the frustration of style guides and pre-formatting.
We strongly recommend that you have our experienced professional editors provide a final proofread of your ebook, ensuring that your content is grammatically correct, before submitting it to our ebook formatting service. The result will be an ebook with both content and formatting that stands out, earning you great reviews.
Put us to work using our simple and easy quote generator below. Order today!
What do I need to submit to have my ebook formatted?
In order to ensure you get consistent, high-quality service, we do have a few requirements for ebook submission:
- You must submit your own cover art.
- You must submit a copyright page, title page, and license notes. Example Front Matter.
- You must submit a word processing document like DOC, DOCX, ODT, TXT, RTF, or similar. No PDF or HTML.
- You must specify if you want your ebook formatted to Kindle or Smashwords.
- If you are submitting images, you must submit the separate JPG files provided, even if the images are already in the document. Images can be uploaded separately or as a single zip file containing all the images.
- We do not format bullet points, tables, or charts because they are not supported in all Kindle formats and ePub (Smashwords). Please ensure these are converted to body text before uploading your ebook.
What will I get back from this service?
- We will supply you with a Word document that is formatted to the Smashwords guidelines (a "Meatgrinder ready" file).
- We will supply you with a filtered HTML file and a formatted Word document that meet Amazon’s requirements. Once uploaded, Kindle will convert the HTML file to a MOBI/AZW file.
- We will create a clickable table of contents for your document.
- If you do not specify a style guide, we will use our in-house style guide. This will ensure consistency throughout your ebook.