You Deserve to Love Your Job: 20 Big Ideas for Succeeding in the New World of Work
by Alexis Grant
Kindle Edition: 56 pages
If you’re constantly trying to convince yourself “a job is a job,” get ready to open your eyes.
In You Deserve to Love Your Job, careers blogger and entrepreneur Alexis Grant explains why you shouldn’t settle for a job that makes you hate Mondays, and how to navigate the new digital world of work to set yourself up for a fulfilling career.
This book features many of Grant’s signature ideas about Scheming and Leaping and creating your own job, offering a blueprint so you feel excited about your professional life and ready to take action. You’ll learn how the old rules of work are holding you back, the best ways to invest in yourself (rather than your employer), and how to use a job you don’t like as a stepping stone toward something better.
Once you explore these Big Ideas, you’ll understand why there’s absolutely no reason for you not to love your job.
It’s time to think differently about your career. Are you ready?
What People Say About This Book...
"Don't let the word 'deserve' fool you, this book teaches you that the first thing you need to do to love your job is earn a job you love. Full of encouragement to work hard and the tools that will get you there, this is a great tool for anyone who refuses to accept the status quo."
~ Jon Acuff, New York Times Bestselling author of Quitter & Start.
"In just a few years, prolific career writer Alexis Grant has figured out the secrets to finding meaning in your work without taking unwise risks or failing the self-sufficiency test. This little book sums up the key issues and provides encouraging but straightforward guidance."
~ Alexandra Levit, author of They Don't Teach Corporate in College: A Twenty-Something's Guide to the Business World
“This ebook emphasizes what every new graduate needs to hear: that it’s up to YOU to take charge of your career. Take just a few minutes to dive into Alexis’ ideas, and you’ll have the knowledge and motivation to make that happen.”
~ Emily Bennington, leadership coach and author of Who Says It’s a Man’s World
- Get Organized Secrets of Professional Organizers Volumes 1-3: Experts Talk About Chronic Disorganization & Hoarding, Productivity & Life Balance, Decluttering, Organizing & Simplifying Life
- Become An Idea Machine: Because Ideas Are The Currency Of The 21st Century
- How to Write & Sell Non-Fiction Books for Kindle: 5-Step Blueprint to Quickly Write & Publish Your Book in 72 Hours or Less (Writing Skills 1)
- To-Do List Makeover: A Simple Guide to Getting the Important Things Done
- Mastermind Dinners: Build Lifelong Relationships by Connecting Experts, Influencers, and Linchpins
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.