How to Write a Novel
by Nathan Bransford
Kindle Edition: 234 pages
The most important thing to know about writing a novel is this: You can do it. And if you've already written one, you can write an even better one. Author and former literary agent Nathan Bransford shares his secrets for creating killer plots, fleshing out your first ideas, crafting compelling characters, and staying sane in the process.
Read the guide that New York Times bestselling author Ransom Riggs called “The best how-to-write-a-novel book I've read.”
MORE PRAISE FOR 'HOW TO WRITE A NOVEL'
"In his 47 brilliant rules, Nathan Bransford has nailed everything I've always wanted to tell people about writing a book but never knew how. Wonderfully thought out with lots of practical examples, this is a must-read for anyone brave enough to try their hand at a novel. It's also a great review for experienced writers. Highly recommended."
- James Dashner, New York Times bestselling author of THE MAZE RUNNER
"Nathan Bransford's primer is full of thoughtful, time-proven advice on how to write a novel. Nathan can sound both like a reassuring friend and a tough, no-nonsense coach. Whatever kind of novel you're writing, Nathan's insights will make you think about your process and help you find your own way to success."
- Jeff Abbott, New York Times bestselling author of DOWNFALL
"Nathan Bransford is sharp, thoughtful, and a must-read for all aspiring authors. His advice is not only funny and insightful, it's essential for writers at any stage in their careers."
- Tahereh Mafi, New York Times bestselling author of SHATTER ME
"Nathan Bransford's book on how to write a novel is smart, generous and funny as hell. Read it. No matter where you are in your writing life, whether you're on your first book or are a grizzled, multi published veteran, you'll find practical advice to help you through the process -- and plenty of wisdom to inspire you along the journey."
- Lisa Brackmann, author of ROCK PAPER TIGER
"Equal parts encouraging and butt-kicking, hilarious and wise, Nathan Bransford's no-nonsense manifesto talks you through the process of getting the book of your dreams out of your head and onto the page. Whether you've been writing for five minutes or fifty years, this is the guide for you."
- Sarah McCarry, author of ALL OUR PRETTY SONGS
- Writing With Emotion, Tension, and Conflict: Techniques for Crafting an Expressive and Compelling Novel
- How to Write Dialogue (Busy Writer's Guides)
- Writing in a Nutshell: Writing Workshops to Improve Your Craft (Writing in a Nutshell Series)
- Structuring Your Novel: Essential Keys for Writing an Outstanding Story
- Write Your Novel From The Middle: A New Approach for Plotters, Pantsers and Everyone in Between
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.