Talking Math with Your Kids
by Christopher Danielson
Kindle Edition: 63 pages
We know we need to read with our children every day, but what should we do for math? Answer: Talk about math with them as we and they encounter numbers and shapes in our everyday lives. This short book shows parents how to do this through actual conversations combined with research summaries and explanation of children's mathematical development.
Examples in the book span 3 through 9 years old, but imaginative parents of both younger and older children will find plenty of inspiration for talking math with other ages.
- Let's Play Math: How Homeschooling Families Can Learn Math Together, and Enjoy It
- Project-Based Homeschooling: Mentoring Self-Directed Learners
- Invent To Learn: Making, Tinkering, and Engineering in the Classroom
- Teach Like a PIRATE: Increase Student Engagement, Boost Your Creativity, and Transform Your Life as an Educator
- This Is Not A Test: A New Narrative on Race, Class, and Education
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.