Structuring Your Novel: Essential Keys for Writing an Outstanding Story
by K.M. Weiland
Kindle Edition: 326 pages
Publisher: PenForASword Publishing
Acclaim for Structuring Your Novel
“I have long wished for a book like this. Structuring Your Novel is so much more than a writing craft book—it’s a recipe to help writers structure a deep, meaningful journey for their hero that will captivate readers from beginning to end.”— Angela Ackerman, Author of The Emotion Thesaurus
“There is absolute gold in this book—and I am grateful that the author has a real talent for distilling some of the somewhat clunky information found elsewhere, into really simple-to-understand and easy-to-follow techniques.”—Robert Scanlon
“This book shows a writer how to structure their novel from beginning to end in a no-nonsense manner. It’s fast and easy reading, and MAKES SENSE!”—Carrie C. Spencer
About the Book
Is Structure the Hidden Foundation of All Successful Stories?
Why do some stories work and others don’t? The answer is structure. In this IPPY and NIEA Award-winning guide from the author of the bestselling Outlining Your Novel, you will learn the universal underpinnings that guarantee powerful plot and character arcs. An understanding of proper story and scene structure will show you how to perfectly time your story’s major events and will provide you with an unerring standard against which to evaluate your novel’s pacing and progression.
Structuring Your Novel will show you:
- How to determine the best techniques for empowering your unique and personal vision for your story.
- How to identify common structural weaknesses and flip them around into stunning strengths.
- How to eliminate saggy middles by discovering your “centerpiece.”
- Why you should NEVER include conflict in every scene.
- How to discover the questions you don’t want readers asking about your plot—and then how to get them to ask the right questions.
Story structure has enabled countless bestselling and classic authors. Now it’s your turn!
More Praise for Structuring Your Novel
“K.M. Weiland delivers another exceptional resource for writers—offering practical guidance on everything from crafting a book’s hook to its resolution.”—Elizabeth Spann Craig, Author of the Myrtle Clover Mysteries
“Structuring Your Novel will give you the blueprint for making your story more powerful. I’m taking this one with me to my desert island!”—Jennifer Ibarra
“After finishing the book, I reviewed my own writing and was easily able to see where the story wasn’t working, understand why it wasn’t, and figure out what I needed to do to fix it.”—Abby Geiger
- Outlining Your Novel: Map Your Way to Success
- Structuring Your Novel Workbook: Hands-On Help for Building Strong and Successful Stories
- Outlining Your Novel Workbook: Step-by-Step Exercises for Planning Your Best Book
- How to Write, Format, Publish and Promote your Book (Without Spending Any Money)
- Write Your Novel From The Middle: A New Approach for Plotters, Pantsers and Everyone in Between
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.