Effective Business and Nonfiction Writing
by Jan Yager
Kindle Edition: 189 pages
Publisher: Hannacroix Creek Books, Inc.
Transform your nonfiction writing NOW! Through concrete examples and clear guidelines, seasoned and prolific writer, teacher, and coach Jan Yager gives solid advice on how to create business and nonfiction writing that will help you to get ahead in your career. Originally published by Arco with the title “How to Write Like a Professional,” this practical and extremely useful book provides guidelines for improved nonfiction writing including a self-evaluation to access your current writing skills; a discussion of the four basic steps to effective business writing; how to overcome writer’s block; how to craft a style that’s right for you and your audience; how to get your writing published; time management tips for writing; exercises to hone your writing skills; and lots more.
This 3rd edition has a new cover and Preface, which discusses the nonfiction writing demands of blogging, as well as an additional section at the back of the book entitled “Some Additional Thoughts on Nonfiction Writing” which covers
• The impact of the Internet and Internet-based reference tools on nonfiction writing
• The current state of business writing skills
• How globalization is impacting on nonfiction or business writing
• The current improved perception of using a ghostwriter or relying on editors for help
• The consequences of the rush to publish.
This 3rd edition concludes with an updated annotated list of recommended books for nonfiction writers including such gems as GOOD PROSE by author Tracy Kidder and editor Richard Todd and A.P.E. (AUTHOR, PUBLISHER, ENTREPRENEUR: HOW TO PUBLISH A BOOK) by Guy Kawasaki and Shawn Welch.
About the author
Jan Yager, who has taught writing at Penn State, is the award-winning author of more than 35 non-fiction and fiction books, translated into 32 languages, including WHEN FRIENDSHIP HURTS, WORK LESS, DO MORE (2nd edition), and THE FAST TRACK GUIDE TO SPEAKING IN PUBLIC. Her articles have been published in major magazines, newspapers, and online publications including HARPER’S, PARADE, FAMILY CIRCLE, the Op-Ed page of the NEW YORK TIMES, and consumeraffairs.com. She is also a publishing executive who has worked at Macmillan Publishing Company, Grove Press and, since 1996, has run her own small press, Hannacroix Creek Books, Inc. (http://www.hannacroixcreekbooks.com) For more on Jan Yager, go to: http://www.drjanyager.com
- HTML Fixes for Kindle: More on Self Publishing Your Kindle Book, or Tips for Touching Up HTML from Microsoft Word and Other Apps So Your Ebook Looks as Good as It Possibly Can
- Make Money Online Volume 2 - 67 More Real Companies That Pay You To Work In Your Pajamas
- Pictures on Kindle: Self Publishing Your Kindle Book with Photos, Drawings, and Other Graphics, or Tips for Formatting Your Images So Your Ebook Doesn't Look Horrible (Like Everyone Else's)
- From Word to Kindle: Self Publishing Your Kindle Book with Microsoft Word, or Tips for Designing and Formatting Your Text So Your Ebook Doesn't Look Horrible (Like Everyone Else's)
- How To Make Money Blogging: How I Replaced My Day-Job With My Blog
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.