Your First 1000 Copies: The Step-by-Step Guide to Marketing Your Book
by Tim Grahl
Kindle Edition: 147 pages
"If I could give an aspiring writer one piece of advice, it would be to read this book."
- Hugh Howey, New York Times best selling author of Wool
"Tim Grahl is fast becoming a legend, almost single-handedly changing the way authors around the world spread ideas and connect with readers. If you've got a book to promote, stop what you're doing right now and start reading YOUR FIRST 1000 COPIES."
- Daniel H. Pink, New York Times bestselling author of TO SELL IS HUMAN, DRIVE, and A WHOLE NEW MIND
"Your First 1000 Copies is a must-read for authors trying to build a connection with their readers."
- Dan Heath & Chip Heath, co-authors of Made to Stick, Switch, and Decisive
"I watched in awe this year as Tim Grahl had 5 clients on the New York Times bestseller list in the same week. There is no one I trust more to learn about book marketing."
- Pamela Slim, Author, Escape from Cubicle Nation
"Tim was an early pioneer in teaching book authors how Internet marketing ACTUALLY works."
- Hugh MacLeod, author of Ignore Everybody and Evil Plans
Imagine if you had a direct connection with thousands of readers who loved reading your books. And imagine if those readers eagerly awaited the launch of your next book. How would that direct relationship with your readers change your writing career?
How would you feel knowing that every time you started a new book project, you already had people excited to buy it and ready to recommend it to others?
In Your First 1000 Copies, seasoned book marketing expert Tim Grahl walks you through how successful authors are using the online marketing tools to build their platform, connect with readers and sell more books.
Tim has worked with over 100 different authors from top best sellers such as Hugh Howey, Daniel Pink, Charles Duhigg, Chip and Dan Heath, Ramit Sethi and Pamela Slim to authors just get started on their first writing project. He has worked with authors across all fiction and non-fiction genres. Along with his client work, he has studied many other successful authors to learn what works and what doesn't.
The result is Your First 1000 Copies where he walks you through the Connection System, a plan that every author can immediately start using. The plan looks like this:
- Permission - How to open up communication with your readers where you can reliably engage them and invite them to be involved.
- Content - How to use content to engage with current readers and connect with new ones.
- Outreach - How to ethically and politely introduce yourself to new readers.
- Sell - How all of these steps can naturally lead to book sales without being pushy or annoying
- Track - How to use modern online tools to see what's working and what's not working, and how to make decisions based on data.
This is a system that any author can immediately put in place to start building their platform. Whether you're a seasoned author looking to step into the new publishing landscape, or you're a brand new author, Your First 1000 Copies will give you the tools to connect with readers and sell more books.
- The Dream Engine
- Hosting a Virtual Book Release Party: Keys to (Perceived) Success
- Author Publicity Pack: Resources to Help You Take Your Book Marketing To The Next Level (Book Marketing Success 5)
- Write. Publish. Repeat. (The No-Luck-Required Guide to Self-Publishing Success)
- 77 Ways to Find New Readers for Your Self Published Book! (Book marketing guides)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.