Writing in Overdrive: Write Faster, Write Freely, Write Brilliantly
by Jim Denney
Kindle Edition: 188 pages
Jim Denney is a veteran of both traditional and indie publishing. He has more than 100 published books to his credit, including the Timebenders science-fantasy series for young readers. In WRITING IN OVERDRIVE, he shows you how to:
• Write so fast you'll have no time for self-doubt.
• Organize your time and workspace to be more productive.
• Set ambitious yet attainable productivity goals.
• Overcome self-defeating habits and inner resistance to writing daily.
• Tap into the power of writing "in the zone" whenever you choose.
• Use powerful "writing rituals" to prepare yourself to write.
• Be aware and focused yet relaxed as you write.
• Become undistractible—even when surrounded by distractions.
• Leverage the motivational energy of NaNoWriMo.
• Eliminate writer's block.
• and much MORE.
You'll acquire skills you can road-test immediately on your current work-in-progress. Each principle is powerfully illustrated by stories from the author's own experience and from the lives of such prolific, successful writers as Ray Bradbury, Stephen King, John Steinbeck, Agatha Christie, Michael Moorcock, Ed McBain, Jack Kerouac, Raymond Chandler, and many more. You'll see how to apply these life-changing principles in real-life writing situations, and learn to write with phenomenal speed, confidence, and mastery, whether in traditional publishing or the indie publishing world.
Praise for Jim Denney's previous books:
QUIT YOUR DAY JOB! Sleep Late, Do What You Enjoy, and Make a Ton of Money as a Writer (A Writer's Digest Book Club Selection) — "Follow Jim Denney’s suggestions and you will be well on your way to making the dream a reality." —Novelist JAMES SCOTT BELL (author, The Art of War for Writers). "Jim Denney has written a book that every writer and every aspiring writer should own." —Novelist DEBORAH RANEY (author, The Face of the Earth). "Read Jim Denney’s book and save yourself much anguish." —Novelist JIM FREY (author, How to Write a Damn Good Novel). "If you think the writer’s life is for you, you must read this book." —Novelist ANGELA HUNT, (author, The Offering).
ANSWERS TO SATISFY THE SOUL by Jim Denney was hailed by Nebula-winning science fiction writer ROBERT J. SAWYER as a "brisk and enjoyable" book that "challenges, informs, enlightens, and yes, satisfies;" by leadership guru JOHN C. MAXWELL ("if you are on a quest for success, happiness, love, meaning, or God, this book is for you"); by psychologist and author Muriel James ("wisdom clothed in a lively, contemporary, conversational writing style ... thought-provoking concepts").
THE MAGIC OF TEAMWORK by Pat Williams with Jim Denney garnered praise from novelist JAMES A. MICHENER ("a wise and needed book"), L.A. Lakers head coach PHIL JACKSON ("an outline for success in any business"), and television host LARRY KING ("a classic, one-of-a-kind ... four stars!").
- Write Fearlessly!
- Write Fast: 21 Powerful Ways to Cut Your Writing Time in Half
- WRITE EVERY DAY: How to Write Faster, and Write More (Rock Your Writing Book 4)
- 5,000 Words Per Hour: Write Faster, Write Smarter
- Take Off Your Pants!: Outline Your Books for Faster, Better Writing
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.