Let's Get Visible: How To Get Noticed And Sell More Books (Let's Get Publishing Book 2)
by David Gaughran
Kindle Edition: 207 pages
Publisher: Arriba Arriba Books
*** Also check out the new updated 2nd edition of Let's Get Digital: How To Self-Publish, And Why You Should ***
Take your sales to the next level! The author of the award-winning, bestselling Let's Get Digital is back with an advanced guide for more experienced self-publishers.
There are over 3 million books in the Kindle Store, with thousands more added every day. How do you get yours noticed? Visibility isn't a challenge that can be bested once - it requires continual work. But there are tools and strategies to do much of the heavy lifting for you.
In Let's Get Visible: How To Get Noticed And Sell More Books, you'll discover how to:
- Leverage Amazon's famous recommendation engine to take advantage of the various opportunities it provides for exposure
- Position your books for discoverability on other sales venues
- Minimize the time you spend promoting so you have more time to spend writing
- Promote in a cost-effective way that actually works
By using these tips, you will get your book noticed. And getting noticed is the key to growing your sales.
Praise for Let's Get Visible:
"Let's Get Visible is the best tool I have discovered for a writer to push sales and visibility to the next level, and an indispensable addition to the library of any indie writer. If you're an indie writer and you're not buying this book, you simply aren't playing this game to win."--Michael Wallace, bestselling author of The Righteous.
"Gaughran distills complex subject matter and explains it in a way that anybody can easily understand, and takes the guesswork out of promotion at Amazon. He removes the mysticism and gets you as close as anyone outside of Amazon will probably be to understanding how stuff works behind the curtain."--David Wright, bestselling author of Yesterday's Gone.
"If you are a self-publisher looking to improve your ability to get eyeballs on your books, I can't recommend this title highly enough. The book contains many ideas I've used successfully and several I'm now excited to try."--Cidney Swanson, bestselling author of Saving Mars.
"Let's Get Visible offers a precise understanding of Amazon's systems and a real strategy authors can use to improve performance. An invaluable resource."--Jason Letts, bestselling author of Inevitable.
*** TABLE OF CONTENTS ***
The Sales Cliff
PART I: AMAZON ALGORITHMS
1. Amazon Sales Rank
2. Amazon's Recommendation Engine
3. Best Seller Lists
5. Top Rated
6. Hot New Releases
7. Movers & Shakers
8. The Importance of Popularity
9. Search & Also Boughts
10. Battling The Sales Cliff
PART II: FREE PULSING
11. Is Free A Bad Idea?
12. Free Matching
13. KDP Select
14. Planning A Successful Free Run
15. Post-Free Tips
16. The End of Free?
PART III: PRICE PULSING
17. The Benefits of Running A Sale
18. With Our Powers Combined
PART IV: ADVERTISING
19. Why Advertise At All?
20. The Major Sites
21. How to Evaluate an Advertising Opportunity
22. Evaluating Your Promo
23. Combining Promos
PART V: LAUNCH STRATEGY
24. Building A Mailing List
25. The Standard Book Launch
26. Spreading The Love
27. Going For Broke
28. Seeding With Freeloaders
PART VI: SELLING OUTSIDE OF AMAZON
30. Strategies for Success
31. Amazon & Exclusivity
32. Keep Writing!
The Advanced Author Toolkit
- Let's Get Digital: How To Self-Publish, And Why You Should: Updated Second Edition (Let's Get Publishing Book 1)
- How To Market A Book
- Write. Publish. Repeat. (The No-Luck-Required Guide to Self-Publishing Success)
- Goodreads For Authors: How To Use Goodreads To Promote Your Books
- Business For Authors. How To Be An Author Entrepreneur
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.