Why Great Leaders Don't Take Yes for an Answer: Managing for Conflict and Consensus (2nd Edition)
by Michael A. Roberto
Kindle Edition: 346 pages
Publisher: FT Press
Make better decisions! Michael A. Roberto will help you achieve deeper consensus, get past groupthink and "yes men," and achieve superior results in every decision you make -- especially your most complex and highest-stakes decisions! Roberto's Why Great Leaders Don't Take Yes for an Answer, Second Edition gives you a powerful framework for promoting honest, constructive dissent and skepticism; test your assumptions; more thoroughly and fairly considering "best alternatives"; crisply coming to closure; and aligning your entire organization behind the decision you make.
In this new edition, Roberto presents new cases from Google, Ford, and Intuit, and expands coverage to more deeply illuminate his decision-making approach. Offering both positive and negative examples, he presents a well rounded view of how to determine when 'yes' means 'yes', when it doesn't, and what to do when it doesn't. Throughout, Roberto demonstrates why "good process entails the astute management of the social, political and emotional aspects of decision making" -- in other words, why effective leaders are well served by carefully "deciding how to decide." You'll learn how to:
- Test and probe what your team really believes, and get the truth and candor you really need
- Encourage constructive objections -- and keep them constructive
- Improve team management, mitigate risk, identify opportunities, and promote integrity
- Build stronger commitment amongst the people who'll implement your decisions
- Building Better Relationships: Proven Strategies to Make the Most of Your Personal Connections (Collection)
- Making the Connection: Strategies to Build Effective Personal Relationships (Collection)
- Fast Track to Business Success (Collection)
- 50 Ways to Protect Your Identity in a Digital Age: New Financial Threats You Need to Know and How to Avoid Them (2nd Edition)
- FranklinCovey Style Guide: For Business and Technical Communication (5th Edition)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.