Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
by Roz Morris
Kindle Edition: 206 pages
Publisher: Red Season
How do you create characters who keep readers hooked? How do you write the opposite sex? Teenagers? Believable relationships? Historical characters? Enigmatic characters? Plausible antagonists and chilling villains? How do you understand a character whose life is totally unlike your own? How do you write characters for dystopias? How do you make dialogue sing? When can you let the reader intuit what the characters are feeling and when should you spell it out?
Roz Morris is a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor, and a literary author in her own right. She teaches creative writing masterclasses for The Guardian newspaper in London. Her fiction for high-profile authors has sold more than 4 million copies worldwide. She has mined 20 years' worth of writing, editing and critiquing experience to create this book. It contains all the pitfalls and sticky points for writers, laid out as a set of discussions that are easy to dip into. And it wouldn't be a Nail Your Novel book without a good dose of games, exercises and questionnaires to help you populate a novel from scratch.
Whether you write a straightforward story-based genre or literary fiction, this book will show you how to create people who enthrall readers - and make you want to tell stories.
- Writing plots with drama, depth and heart: Nail Your Novel
- Nail Your Novel - Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Plot Perfect: How to Build Unforgettable Stories Scene by Scene
- Outlining Your Novel Workbook: Step-by-Step Exercises for Planning Your Best Book
- Structuring Your Novel Workbook: Hands-On Help for Building Strong and Successful Stories
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.