The MAW [Online Game Code]
from Microsoft Games
Publisher: Microsoft Games
List Price: $9.99
Availability: Available for download now
The pinnacle of alien evolution, Maw is a cowardly fat blob concerned mostly with snacking and lounging. He can, however, absorb the traits of anything he eats, is virtually indestructible, and can grow to unlimited size. If he wasn't a danger to all life in the universe, he'd make the perfect pet. In this action/adventure game, he's the best friend of our hero Frank, and only by working together can Maw eat their way to freedom. The Maw was honored with the Audience Choice Award in the 2008 PAX-10 showcase of independent games, and is a finalist at this year's Independent Games Festival for Technical Excellence.
The Maw is a full featured 3D action/adventure game! Returning from a routine mission, a Galactic Bounty Hunter ship crash lands on a strange planet, leaving the captured Frank (our hero) and a tiny glowing blob in a cage labeled “THE DEADLIEST ORGANISM IN THE UNIVERSE” as the only survivors. Aware of the risks, but concerned about traveling around alone, Frank hooks the strange blob to a plasma leash from the wreckage. Making their way towards the communication tower in the distance, they must escape from the bounty hunters out to cage them, as well as the unknown dangers of the new planet they are on.
- Frank’s plasma leash can be used to attach to Maw as well as creatures and other objects. The leash can slam and toss things around.
- Take control of Frank and his strange blob as they try to make their way off of a dangerous planet
- Frank and Maw must help each other to solve puzzles and get through each area.
- 8 Levels with different puzzle and power creatures.
- Single player story driven action/adventure game.
- Power creatures give Maw different abilities, such as Fire Power, Slam Power and more.
- Feed Maw a variety of different creatures and make him grow to help get through levels.
- Use Frank’s plasma leash to control Maw, a small and indestructible organism that grows and evolves through gameplay.
- Evolving gameplay as players must find new ways to control Maw as he grows.
- Maw gains powers that can be used to get rid of enemies and solve level puzzles.
- Single player story driven action/adventure.
- Frank and Maw must help each other in order to win.
- Plasma leash that can not only lead Maw around, but connect to other creatures and objects, which can be tossed and slammed.
- Original music score by God of War composer Winifred Phillips.
- Highly animated characters with lots of personality.
- One of the most ambitious XBLA titles…a retail game’s amount of content that comes in under the 150 MB limit.
- Vivid and colorful graphics that advances character animation and emotion.
- Film-like in-game cinemas that provide humor and back-story.
Requires Steam Client to activate.
|OS:||Microsoft Windows XP/Vista|
|Processor:||AMD Athlon 64 2.2 GHz or equivalent|
|Hard Drive:||300 MB|
|Video Card:||Nvidia Geforce 7600 256 MB or equivalent, (ATI 2400 worked just as well)|
|Additional Info:||DirectX 9.0c|
- Drip Drip [Download]
- Ticket to Ride [Download]
- Guns of Icarus Online [Online Game Code]
- Ticket to Ride: USA 1910 DLC [Download]
- Dynasty of Dusk [Download]
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.