Writing Active Setting Book 2: Emotion, Conflict and Back Story
by Mary Buckham
Kindle Edition: 67 pages
Publisher: Cantwell Publishing, LLC
Readers usually remember the plot and characters of a story, but setting is every bit as important in creating a memorable world. Discover the difference between Ordinary Setting that bogs down your story, and Active Setting that empowers your story — creating a compelling story world, regardless of what you write.
* Learn to reveal your character’s back story through setting details.
* Power up the emotion in your story using your setting.
* Explore ways to maximize your characters conflict via setting.
* See how to spin boring descriptions into engaging prose.
WRITING ACTIVE SETTING is a powerful combination of fresh insights, practical examples, and how-to advice on the often overlooked but critical element of Setting ... written in a quick-to-read and easy-to-understand style, and packed with useful application exercises. ~~ Kelly L. Stone, author of THINKING WRITE: The Secret to Freeing Your Creative Mind
- Writing Active Setting Book 3: Anchoring, Action, as a Character and More
- Writing Active Setting Book 1: Characterization and Sensory Detail
- Writing Active Hooks Book 1: Action, Emotion, Surprise and More
- The Negative Trait Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Flaws
- The Positive Trait Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Attributes
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.