Writing Active Setting Book 2: Emotion, Conflict and Back Story
by Mary Buckham
Kindle Edition: 67 pages
Publisher: Cantwell Publishing, LLC
Readers usually remember the plot and characters of a story, but setting is every bit as important in creating a memorable world. Discover the difference between Ordinary Setting that bogs down your story, and Active Setting that empowers your story — creating a compelling story world, regardless of what you write.
* Learn to reveal your character’s back story through setting details.
* Power up the emotion in your story using your setting.
* Explore ways to maximize your characters conflict via setting.
* See how to spin boring descriptions into engaging prose.
WRITING ACTIVE SETTING is a powerful combination of fresh insights, practical examples, and how-to advice on the often overlooked but critical element of Setting ... written in a quick-to-read and easy-to-understand style, and packed with useful application exercises. ~~ Kelly L. Stone, author of THINKING WRITE: The Secret to Freeing Your Creative Mind
- Writing Active Setting Book 3: Anchoring, Action, as a Character and More
- Writing Active Setting Book 1: Characterization and Sensory Detail
- The Positive Trait Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Attributes
- The Negative Trait Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Flaws
- Writing Subtext: How to craft subtext that develops characters, boosts suspense, and reinforces theme (Elizabeth Lyon on writing craft Book 1)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.