The Mythic Guide to Characters: Writing Characters Who Enchant and Inspire
by Antonio del Drago
Kindle Edition: 181 pages
Publisher: Mythic Scribes
As a professor, writer, and philosopher, Dr. Antonio del Drago has immersed himself in the literary and mythological traditions of the world.
Applying this knowledge to the writing of characters, he has developed a systematic, layered approach to character development that is based on psychology and archetypes.
In this guide, you will discover:
- The secret to writing multidimensional characters
- How to develop your character's unconscious motivations
- Four ways in which characters interact with their worlds
- Five formative relationships that shape your character
- Nine mythic character archetypes and how to use them
- The difference between proactive and reactive protagonists
- Ways to define a character through dialogue and physicality
This is more than a book on how to write characters. This guide offers a practical, step-by-step approach to character creation that is sure to take your writing to the next level.
- How To Diagnose Your Character: Using Psychology To Create an In-Depth Character
- Writing Subtext: How to craft subtext that develops characters, boosts suspense, and reinforces theme (Elizabeth Lyon on writing craft Book 1)
- Plot with Character: How to Plot Your Novel and Achieve Character Arc in 40 Scenes (The Plot Chronicles Book 1)
- Writing About Magic: Professional Techniques for Paranormal and Fantasy Fiction (Writer's Craft Book 3)
- Writing Dark Stories: How to Write Horror and Other Disturbing Short Stories (Writer's Craft Book 6)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.