The Mythic Guide to Characters: Writing Characters Who Enchant and Inspire
by Antonio del Drago
Kindle Edition: 181 pages
Publisher: Mythic Scribes
As a professor, writer, and philosopher, Dr. Antonio del Drago has immersed himself in the literary and mythological traditions of the world.
Applying this knowledge to the writing of characters, he has developed a systematic, layered approach to character development that is based on psychology and archetypes.
In this guide, you will discover:
- The secret to writing multidimensional characters
- How to develop your character's unconscious motivations
- Four ways in which characters interact with their worlds
- Five formative relationships that shape your character
- Nine mythic character archetypes and how to use them
- The difference between proactive and reactive protagonists
- Ways to define a character through dialogue and physicality
This is more than a book on how to write characters. This guide offers a practical, step-by-step approach to character creation that is sure to take your writing to the next level.
- How To Diagnose Your Character: Using Psychology To Create an In-Depth Character
- Writing Subtext: How to craft subtext that develops characters, boosts suspense, and reinforces theme (Elizabeth Lyon on writing craft Book 1)
- Strong Female Characters (Busy Writer's Guides Book 1)
- Writing About Magic (Writer's Craft Book 3)
- Practical Emotional Structure: an easy to understand plain-English guide to emotional theory and the transformational character arc (Plain-English Writing Guides Book 1)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.