Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 (1PC/1User) [Download]
List Price: $139.99
Your Price: $139.00
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Office Home & Student 2013 is designed to help you create and organize faster with new, time saving features and a clean, modern look.
Office Home & Student 2013
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote on one PC.
Office Home & Student 2013 is designed to help you create and organize faster with time saving features and a clean, modern look. Plus, you can save your documents in the cloud on SkyDrive and access them when you are not at home.
What’s new in this release of Office?The 2013 versions of familiar Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint include new features that help you create, communicate and work efficiently from virtually anywhere. In addition to updating the traditional Office suites, Microsoft has developed brand new subscription versions of Office, specifically designed around the way customers use Office. Each new subscription offer will include the 2013 versions of the Office applications, for example Word, Excel and PowerPoint, plus cloud services such as Skype world minutes and online storage with SkyDrive.Subscribers will also receive future rights to version upgrades as well as per-use rights across multiple PCs or Macs and select mobile devices.1 Note: The Office applications you can use across PCs, Macs and other devices vary by platform. 1Visit www.office.com/information for a current list of devices. Internet connection required. Internet and mobile telephone usage charges may apply.
What is the difference between the Office 2013 suites and Office 365 plans?Microsoft Office is still the name Microsoft uses for its familiar productivity software. Office suites have traditionally included applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. All Office 2013 suites include the latest versions of the applications, for use on a single PC.Microsoft uses the name “Office 365” for products that include cloud services, such as additional SkyDrive online storage, Skype minutes for home use, Lync web conferencing or Exchange Online hosted email for businesses. Cloud services are features that are enabled over the Internet. Most Office 365 plans also include the full-featured Office 2013 applications, which users can install across multiple computers and devices. All Office 365 products, such as Office 365 Home Premium, are paid for on a subscription basis, annually. Active subscribers will receive future rights to version upgrades as a benefit of their subscription. Entitlements vary by product.
What it includes:
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- Office on one PC for household use.
- One time purchase for the life of your PC; non-transferrable.
- 7 GB of online storage in SkyDrive.
- Free Office Web Apps for accessing, editing, and sharing documents.
- An improved user interface optimized for touch, pen, and keyboard.
How do I download Office?
Please note: This item requires a download directly from Microsoft. Below are instructions on what to expect when you purchase an Office download from Amazon.com:
- Once you have completed your software download purchase at Amazon.com, you must click the "Continue to Office.com" button to get your software. The "Continue to Office.com" button can be found in your confirmation email, Your Games and Software Library, and on the Thank You page once you've completed your purchase.
- You will be directed to a custom Microsoft Office site to register or sign-in with a Microsoft account.
- Select your preferred country and language.
- From your "My Account" page with Microsoft, select the item that you want to install.
- Click the "Install" button to begin your download.
What's new with Office?
- Experience Office on Windows 8 devices, with an improved user interface optimized for touch, pen, and keyboard.
- An improved look and feel reduces distractions for a better reading experience.
- The new Start screen gives you a selection of recent documents and templates.
- Use OneNote to capture and share notes, pictures, web pages, voice memos, and more.
- Allow others to scroll through your Word docs in a browser, even if they don’t have Word.
- Focus on your audience with PowerPoint tools that let you zoom in or skip to any slide without seeing the slides in between.
Microsoft Office Applications
- Incorporate content from PDFs into Word documents.
- Add pictures, videos, or online media to a Word doc with a simple drag and drop.
- Recommended Charts helps you visualize data in Excel.
- 1 GHz or faster x86 or 64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
- 1 GB RAM (32 Bit) /2 GB RAM (64 Bit) recommended for graphics features and certain advanced functionality5
- 3.0 GB of available disk space
- 1366 x 768 resolution
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 2008 R2 with .NET 3.5 or greater.
Windows XP, Vista or older NOT supported.
- Graphics hardware acceleration requires DirectX10 graphics card
- Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10; Firefox 10.x or later; Safari 5 (Mac) and Chrome 17.x
- Internet functionality requires an Internet connection. Fees may apply.
- Microsoft and Skype accounts
- A touch-enabled device is required to use any multi-touch functionality. However, all features and functionality are always available by using a keyboard, mouse, or other standard or accessible input device. New touch features are optimized for use with Windows 8.
- Speech recognition functionality requires a close-talk microphone and audio output device.
- Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require additional or advanced hardware or server connectivity.
Which version is right for you?
Office Home & Student 2013 is for households who want Office on one PC. But if you're still not sure which version is right for you, check out our comparison chart.
|Home & Student 2013||Home & Business 2013||Professional 2013||Office 365 Home Premium|
|Licenses||1 PC||1 PC||1 PC||5 PCs or Macs plus select mobile devices1|
|Licenses Duration||One-time purchase for life of PC4||One-time purchase for life of PC4||One-time purchase for life of PC4||Annual subscription with access to version upgrades|
|SkyDrive +20 GB storage: Save documents online to your SkyDrive for access and sharing virtually anywhere3||7 GB||7 GB||7 GB||27 GB|
|Core Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint||X||X||X||X|
|Digital notebook: OneNote2||X||X||X||X|
|Email, calendars, and tasks: Outlook||X||X||X|
|Publishing & databases: Publisher2, Access2||X||X|
1. Windows 7, Windows 8 OS, Windows Phone 7.5, Mac OS X version 10.5.8 required. Visit www.office.com/mobile for applicable devices. Windows RT devices come preinstalled with Office Home & Student 2013 RT Preview. Internet connection required. Internet and mobile telephone usage charges may apply.
2. Access and Publisher available on PC only. OneNote not available on Mac OS.
3. Internet and/or carrier network connection required; charges may apply.
4. You may transfer the software to another computer that belongs to you, but not more than one time every 90 days (except due to hardware failure, in which case you may transfer sooner). If you transfer the software to another computer, that other computer becomes the "licensed computer."
5. 2 GHz processor or faster and 1 GB RAM or more recommended for OneNote Audio Search. Close-talking microphone required. Audio Search not available in all languages.
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 (1PC/1User) [Download]
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013 (1PC/1User) [Download]
- Microsoft Publisher 2013 (1PC/1User) [Download]
- Office Mac Home and Student 2011 - 1PC/1User [Download]
- QuickBooks Pro 2014 [Download]
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.