The Ten-Minute Inservice: 40 Quick Training Sessions that Build Teacher Effectiveness
by Todd Whitaker, Annette Breaux
Kindle Edition: 208 pages
Quick, easy, specific steps that make a difference in teaching and learning
Busy school leaders need an easy-to-apply resource to increase teacher effectiveness quickly and efficiently. This book shows principals and staff developers how to improve teaching school-wide through high-impact inservices lasting only ten minutes—incorporated easily into weekly staff meetings. Written by popular education consultants Todd Whitaker and Annette Breaux, this important book offers 40 teacher-tested, mini-workshops that can improve teaching in every classroom. The book covers a range of topics, from behavior challenges and parent engagement to motivating students and making lessons meaningful.
- Offers school leaders a proven plan to help every teacher improve on a weekly basis by conducting simple 10-minute inservice workshops
- Offers staff developers, new teacher induction coordinators, mentors, and Professional Learning Communities ideas for effective training sessions
- Each of the 40 mini-training sessions offered include tips on how to introduce the topic, sample scripts to follow, and implementation activities to ensure lasting learning
- Whitaker and Breaux are bestselling education authors with a proven track record improving teacher effectiveness
This handy resource contains a simple and effective method for improving teacher effectiveness school wide.
- What Great Principals Do Differently: Eighteen Things That Matter Most
- Shifting the Monkey: The Art of Protecting Good People From Liars, Criers, and Other Slackers
- School Culture Rewired: How to Define, Assess, and Transform It
- The Principal: Three Keys to Maximizing Impact
- Cultures Built to Last
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.