The Ten-Minute Inservice: 40 Quick Training Sessions that Build Teacher Effectiveness
by Todd Whitaker, Annette Breaux
Kindle Edition: 208 pages
Quick, easy, specific steps that make a difference in teaching and learning
Busy school leaders need an easy-to-apply resource to increase teacher effectiveness quickly and efficiently. This book shows principals and staff developers how to improve teaching school-wide through high-impact inservices lasting only ten minutes—incorporated easily into weekly staff meetings. Written by popular education consultants Todd Whitaker and Annette Breaux, this important book offers 40 teacher-tested, mini-workshops that can improve teaching in every classroom. The book covers a range of topics, from behavior challenges and parent engagement to motivating students and making lessons meaningful.
- Offers school leaders a proven plan to help every teacher improve on a weekly basis by conducting simple 10-minute inservice workshops
- Offers staff developers, new teacher induction coordinators, mentors, and Professional Learning Communities ideas for effective training sessions
- Each of the 40 mini-training sessions offered include tips on how to introduce the topic, sample scripts to follow, and implementation activities to ensure lasting learning
- Whitaker and Breaux are bestselling education authors with a proven track record improving teacher effectiveness
This handy resource contains a simple and effective method for improving teacher effectiveness school wide.
- What Great Principals Do Differently: Eighteen Things That Matter Most
- Shifting the Monkey: The Art of Protecting Good People From Liars, Criers, and Other Slackers
- Digital Leadership: Changing Paradigms for Changing Times
- Motivating & Inspiring Teachers: The Educational Leader's Guide for Building Staff Morale
- Teach Like a PIRATE: Increase Student Engagement, Boost Your Creativity, and Transform Your Life as an Educator
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.