Microsoft Windows 8 Pro Pack (Win 8 to Win 8 Pro Upgrade) [Online Code]
List Price: $99.99
Only if you currently have a device running Windows 8 ("Core") operating system can you upgrade to Windows 8 Pro (Professional) using this Windows 8 Pro Pack (upgrade) product. Windows 8 Pro allows you to connect and share your files and also adds enhanced features if you need to connect to company networks, access remote files, encrypt sensitive data, and access to other more advanced tasks.
The new Windows 8 start screen is your personalized home for items you use the most and can be customized according to your user preferences. Windows 8 Live tiles provide real-time updates from your Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail accounts. Along with the new Start screen, the lock screen now includes e-mail, calendar, and clock widgets.
To access your PC, Microsoft has replaced a standard PIN or password with a swipe gesture; unlock your PC by clicking or swiping preset locations you’ve selected on the lock screen. New functions also allow you to search for your favorite software programs, open, close, hide, resize, or run multiple apps simultaneously with the swipe of a finger or a swipe of the mouse.
Windows has also made changes to make your PC more secure by boosting its existing security features and adding "SmartScreen," which acts to prevent suspicious programs or apps from being installed or running on your machine. Finally, Windows 8 also gives you the ability to "refresh" itself to give users a new starting point and a cleaner version of Windows.
How to add Windows 8 Pro Pack to your edition of Windows:
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap "Search"
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click "Search")
Enter "add features" in the search box, and then tap or click "Settings"
Tap or click "Add features to Windows 8" and then tap or click "I already have a product key"
Enter your product key and click "Next"
Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click "Add features"
If you were running Windows 8, your PC will restart automatically and Windows 8 Pro will be on it.
- 1 GHz processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 20 GB available hard disk space
- 1366 × 768 screen resolution
- DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM driver
Additional Requirements to Use Certain Features
- Internet access (fees may apply)
- For touchscreen, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multi-touch
- Microsoft account required for some features
- Watching DVDs requires separate playback software
- Windows Media Center license sold separately
- To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768
Can I upgrade my PC currently running Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 95, or Windows 2000 to Windows 8 using the Windows 8 Pro Pack product?
No. You’ll need to purchase the Windows 8 Pro (Professional) product. The Windows 8 Pro-Pack product let’s you upgrade only if you have a device already running Windows 8 ("Core") operating system.
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro Pack (Win 8.1 to Win 8.1 Pro Upgrade) [Online Code]
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013 (1PC/1User) [Download]
- Microsoft Access 2013 (1PC/1User) [Download]
- Acrobat Professional XI Windows [Download]
- Acrobat XI Standard Win [Download]
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.