Why Leadership Sucks: Fundamentals of Level 5 Leadership and Servant Leadership
by Miles Anthony Smith
Kindle Edition: 206 pages
Publisher: Kompelling Publishing
What is leadership? How do we define leadership? What is servant leadership? What are the most effective leadership characteristics? Do you wish your company had a leadership development program, or are you frustrated with organizational leadership? Do you wonder why some leadership styles suck? You are not alone.
So why does leadership suck? It sucks because real leadership is hard, requires selfless service, and because the buck stops here. Servant leadership or Level 5 leadership is uncomfortable, humbling, self-denying, painful, and counter-intuitive; nonetheless, christian leadership is the only kind of leadership that brings lasting results, genuine happiness, and true self-fulfillment.
The book is divided into four parts:
Part 1: To serve or not to serve. Effective leadership characteristics require servant leadership.
Part 2: Do what's best for your organization. Discusses various aspects of organizational leadership and culture
Part 3: Humility 101. Leadership principles of self-examination, apologies, authenticity, controlling and displaying emotions, and handling adversity.
Part 4: Specific management situations, focusing on business leadership competencies
Here is what you will learn from Miles and experience in Why Leadership Sucks?
1. Define leadership in general and the servant leadership style specifically.
2. Why christian leadership matters and is a better long-term strategy.
3. Develop leadership competencies with practical action steps.
4. Learn from real world examples from the author's organizational leadership experience.
5. Quotes on leadership help highlight and introduce sections within each chapter.
To discover why servant leadership is frustrating and learn practical leadership principles for your leadership journey, download a sample or purchase Why Leadership Sucks now.
- Done! The Art of Managing Priorities: How To Accomplish Your Goals And Live Your Dream
- Free Kindle Books and How to Find Them
- From Word to Kindle: Self Publishing Your Kindle Book with Microsoft Word, or Tips on Designing and Formatting Your Text So Your Ebook Doesn't Look Horrible (Like Everyone Else's)
- The Practical Guide to Happiness: If You Don't Like How You're Feeling, Think Again
- The Journey To Competitive Advantage Through Servant Leadership: Building The Company Every Person Dreams of Working For And Every President Has a Vision Of Leading
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.