Writing Active Setting Book 1: Characterization and Sensory Detail
by Mary Buckham
Kindle Edition: 69 pages
Publisher: Cantwell Publishing, LLC
Have you tried to take your writing skills to the next level but don’t know where to begin?
Do you dread the thought of writing narrative description because as a reader you skip over it when you read novels?
Or are you a writer who ignores Setting description totally in your novel writing—but know your story needs it? You just don’t know where.
Active Setting, explained in comprehensible bites with clear examples from a variety of published authors can help YOU breakthrough with your writing skills.
Readers usually remember the plot and characters of a story, but setting is every bit as important in creating a memorable world. Novel writing can be enjoyable once you’ve mastered a few of the writing skills necessary to bring a story to life.
If you’re tired of your Setting descriptions being ho-hum and are ready to create a compelling story world, regardless of what you write, or your current level of writing skills, keep reading.
In WRITING ACTIVE SETTING Book 1: Characterization and Sensory Detail you will:
- Discover the difference between Ordinary Setting that bogs down your story, and Active Setting that empowers your story.
- See how to spin boring descriptions into engaging prose.
- Learn to deepen the reader's experience of your story world through sensory details.
- Notice how changing characters’ POV can change your setting.
- Explore ways to maximize the setting possibilities in your story.
This book goes straight to the point, putting theory in plain language, adding examples from authors in a variety of genres, and finishes each section with exercises designed to help you work with your Setting in a way that will excite you. . .and your readers!
- Writing Active Setting Book 2: Emotion, Conflict and Back Story
- Writing Active Setting Book 3: Anchoring, Action, as a Character and More
- The Negative Trait Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Flaws
- The Positive Trait Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Attributes
- The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Expression
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.