Why School?: How Education Must Change When Learning and Information Are Everywhere (Kindle Single)
by Will Richardson
Kindle Edition: 51 pages
Publisher: TED Conferences
Traditional educators, classrooms, and brick-and-mortar schools are no longer necessary to access information. Instead, things like blogs and wikis, as well as remote collaborations and an emphasis on 'critical thinking' skills are the coins of the realm in this new kingdom. Yet the national dialogue on education reform focuses on using technology to update the traditional education model, failing to reassess the fundamental design on which it is built.
In 'Why School?,' educator, author, parent and blogger Will Richardson challenges traditional thinking about education — questioning whether it still holds value in its current form. How can schools adjust to this new age? Or students? Or parents? In this provocative read, Richardson provides an in-depth look at how connected educators are beginning to change their classroom practice. Ultimately, 'Why School?' serves as a starting point for the important conversations around real school reforms that must ensue, offering a bold plan for rethinking how we teach our kids, and the consequences if we don't.
- Beyond the Hole in the Wall: Discover the Power of Self-Organized Learning (Kindle Single) (TED Books)
- Mind Amplifier: Can Our Digital Tools Make Us Smarter? (Kindle Single)
- A New Culture of Learning: Cultivating the Imagination for a World of Constant Change
- Learn Like a PIRATE: Empower Your Students to Collaborate, Lead, and Succeed
- Save Our Science: How to Inspire a New Generation of Scientists (Kindle Single) (TED Books Book 29)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.