Stephen King: The Playboy Interview (50 Years of the Playboy Interview)
by Stephen King, Playboy
Kindle Edition: 33 pages
In mid-1962, Playboy founder Hugh Hefner was given a partial transcript of an interview with Miles Davis. It covered jazz, of course, but it also included Davis’s ruminations on race, politics and culture. Fascinated, Hef sent the writer—future Pulitzer-Prize-winning author Alex Haley, an unknown at the time—back to glean even more opinion and insight from Davis. The resulting exchange, published in the September 1962 issue, became the first official Playboy Interview and kicked off a remarkable run of public inquisition that continues today—and that has featured just about every cultural titan of the last half century.
To celebrate the Interview’s 50th anniversary, the editors of Playboy have culled 50 of its most (in)famous Interviews and will publish them over the course of 50 weekdays (from September 4, 2012 to November 12, 2012) via Amazon’s Kindle Direct platform. Here is the interview with the horror author Stephen King from the June 1983 issue.
- Stephen King :The Ultimate Insider's Guide on The Life and Work of Stephen King ( Stephen King Work, Stephen King Biography, Stephen King Life))
- Ray Bradbury: The Playboy Interview (50 Years of the Playboy Interview)
- Stanley Kubrick: The Playboy Interview (50 Years of the Playboy Interview)
- Stephen Hawking: The Playboy Interview (50 Years of the Playboy Interview)
- Hunter S. Thompson: The Playboy Interview (50 Years of the Playboy Interview)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.