Self-Editing and Evaluation Checklist: Four Steps to Polish your Manuscript
by D. R. Humphrey
Kindle Edition: 48 pages
Self-Editing Guide for Writers: Find and Fix Your Bad Habits
A collection of the best self-editing tips broken down into 4 easy-to-follow steps, designed to find and fix your bad writing habits.
Get your manuscript ready before submitting to literary agents, publishers or self-publishing.
A note from the author...
I put this checklist together after discovering I was making nearly every rookie mistake, in regards to writing and self-publishing. It was not always like this. I used to be proficient when it came to grammar, editing and evaluating. However, there came a period of ten years where I did not write. Not one word, and in doing so, I suddenly found myself lost in a sea of words and rules I no longer understood or remembered.
I designed this guide to help correct my bad writing habits, and I hope that it gives new writers, or old writers like myself that need a refresher, the edge you need to get published or sell more books!
Covered in this guide:
- Misused words
- Overused words
- Style sheet/checking for inconsistencies
- Paragraph length
- Is your voice appropriate for your audience? Does it remain consistent and in the same POV (point of view)?
- Eliminate repetition and wordiness
- Getting rid of clichés
- Does the theme, plot or topic begin right away, and does it stay on course?
- Comma overuse
- Show vs tell
- Structuring Your Novel: Essential Keys for Writing an Outstanding Story
- The Naked Truth About Self-Publishing
- 2k to 10k: Writing Faster, Writing Better, and Writing More of What You Love
- Show or Tell? A Powerful Lesson on a Crucial Writing Skill
- The Little Book of Self-Editing for Writers (Little Books for Writers)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.