The Little Book of Self-Editing for Writers: 12 Ways to Take Your Book from Good to Great (Little Books for Writers)
by Bridget McKenna
Kindle Edition: 96 pages
Publisher: Ravenscourt Press
12 Ways to Take Your Book from Good to Great
Whether your aim is to seek a publishing contract or to publish your book yourself, you want your writing to be as free of placeholder words, as devoid of verbal crutches, as lean and clean as you can learn to make it. This book will show you how.
Part One: Search and Destroy
Whether it's fish heads, zombie nouns, vampire verbs, or the dread dangling participle, these chapters will show you how to find and eliminate common early-draft mistakes.
Part Two: The Self-Editor's Toolkit
Learn to create richer language, set the pace, and wrangle dialogue tags while pondering "The Most-Hated Writing Advice Ever."
Part Three: Self-Editing Resources
Links to good books and helpful websites for writers, and a handy quick-reference to all the pointers in The Little Book of Self-Editing for Writers.
- Author's Quick Guide to Editing Your Book
- Super Structure: The Key to Unleashing the Power of Story
- The Busy Writer's Self-Editing Toolbox
- Nine Day Novel: Writing Faster: 10K a Day, How to Write a Novel in 9 Days, Structuring Your Novel For Speed (9 Day Novel)
- How to Make a Living as a Writer
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.