Beyond Office Politics: The Hidden Story of Power, Affiliation and Achievement in the Workplace
by Linda Sommer
Kindle Edition: 124 pages
Beyond Office Politics: The Hidden Story of Power, Affiliation & Achievement in the Workplace is a game-changer. This book will make visible to you something extremely important about yourself and others that has always been there--and once you see it, your career and your professional life--as well as your personal life--will make much more sense to you. This newly visible reality, together with what this book teaches you about how to navigate it, will allow you to ask better questions, make more enlightened choices, and create much greater success for yourself.
- If you have ever been frustrated or put off by office politics, you need the
information and skills presented in this book.
- If you have ever felt misunderstood or underutilized by your boss, you will learn
why and what you can do about it.
- If you have had trouble managing your team or getting your employees to do what
you need them to do, you will find most of what you need to know in the pages
of this book.
- If you have a coworker or boss that you just can't seem to get along with, you
really need to understand and apply what you will learn in this book.
About the Story
Beyond Office Politics follows senior manager Don E. as he is coached through common office politics situations, including power plays, miscommunication, motivation issues,
teamwork problems, undervaluing of subordinates, and competition for promotion. He learns that his blind spots regarding his personal brand image in business--as well as his blind spots about the realities of the game of business--have essentially sidelined his career. He finds out that having skills is not enough, and that moving his career forward requires that he become people savvy. With guidance from his coach, Don learns about loyalty, people games and how to win. He learns to recognize and utilize his strengths, and how to build teams that produce results. Most of all, Don learns to expand his point of view about power, affiliation and achievement, leading him to find value and influence in unexpected places.
- Secrets to Winning at Office Politics: How to Achieve Your Goals and Increase Your Influence at Work
- Who Gets Promoted, Who Doesn't, and Why: 10 Things You'd Better Do If You Want to Get Ahead
- Corporate Confidential: 50 Secrets Your Company Doesn't Want You to Know---and What to Do About Them
- Games At Work: How to Recognize and Reduce Office Politics
- 21 Dirty Tricks at Work: How to Beat the Game of Office Politics
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.