The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Expression
by Angela Ackerman, Becca Puglisi
Kindle Edition: 174 pages
Publisher: JADD Publishing
One of the biggest problem areas for writers is conveying a character's emotions to the reader in a unique, compelling way. This book comes to the rescue by highlighting 75 emotions and listing the possible body language cues, thoughts, and visceral responses for each.
Using its easy-to-navigate list format, readers can draw inspiration from character cues that range in intensity to match any emotional moment. The Emotion Thesaurus also tackles common emotion-related writing problems and provides methods to overcome them.
This writing tool encourages writers to show, not tell emotion and is a creative brainstorming resource for any fiction project.
- The Positive Trait Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Attributes
- The Negative Trait Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Flaws
- How to Write Dazzling Dialogue: The Fastest Way to Improve Any Manuscript
- How to Write Descriptions of Eyes and Faces
- She Sat He Stood: What Do Your Characters Do While They Talk?
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.