You Are a Writer (So Start Acting Like One)
by Jeff Goins
Kindle Edition: 77 pages
Publisher: Jeff Goins
You Are a Writer is a book about what it takes to be a writer in the 21st Century.
Author Jeff Goins shares his own story of self-doubt and what it took for him to become a professional. He gives you practical tips for freelancing, how to get published in magazines, and what it takes to build a platform that brings the gatekeepers to you.
This journey of becoming a writer begins with a simple but important belief: You are a writer; you just need to write. Readers will learn the importance of passion and discipline and how to show up every day to do the work.
Here's what else you will learn:
- How to stop waiting to be picked and finally choose yourself
- What it takes to build a platform
- Why authors need to brand themselves (and how to do it)
- Tips for freelancing, guest blogging, and getting published in magazines
- Different ways to network with other writers, artists, and influencers
- The importance of blogging and social media and how to use it well to get more readers and fans of your writing
And it all begins with you.
Table of Contents
- Foreword by Sarah Mae
- Writers Are Born, Not Made
- The Truth About Writing
- Building a Platform
- Establishing a Brand
- Channels of Connection
- Getting Started
- Before Your First Book
- What Next?
- About the Author
- Share this Book
- Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World
- 31 Days to Finding Your Blogging Mojo
- The In-Between: Embracing the Tension Between Now and the Next Big Thing
- Write Your Way Out of the Rat Race...And Step Into a Career You Love
- Wrecked: When a Broken World Slams into Your Comfortable Life
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.