Hiring for Attitude: A Revolutionary Approach to Recruiting and Selecting People with Both Tremendous Skills and Superb Attitude
by Mark Murphy
Kindle Edition: 241 pages
Build a high-performance workforce by abandoning skills-based hiring practices and focusing on employee attitude
Hiring for Attitude offers a groundbreaking approach to recruiting, assessing, and selecting people with both tremendous skills but, more importantly, an attitude that aligns with the organization’s culture.
Murphy cites his own company’s research and examines recent scientific studies about the practical effects a person’s attitude has on the outcome of his or her job performance. Clear and practical lessons are illuminated by numerous case studies of organizations like Microchip, Southwest Airlines, and The Ritz-Carlton.
Mark Murphy is the founder and CEO of Leadership IQ, a leadership training firm. He has been featured in such publications as Fortune, Forbes, BusinessWeek, and The Washington Post.
- 96 Great Interview Questions to Ask Before You Hire
- Hundred Percenters: Challenge Your Employees to Give It Their All, and They'll Give You Even More, Second Edition
- Hundred Percenters: Challenge Your Employees to Give It Their All, and They'll Give You Even More
- Hard Goals : The Secret to Getting from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
- Hire With Your Head: Using Performance-Based Hiring to Build Great Teams
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.