The Story Template: Conquer Writer's Block Using the Universal Structure of Story
by Amy Deardon
Kindle Edition: 260 pages
Publisher: Taegais Publishing, LLC
Writing a novel or screenplay sounds like a fabulous idea. But where do you start? And how do you finish?
Award-winning author, Amy Deardon, answers these questions in The Story Template: Conquer Writer's Block Using the Universal Structure of Story. This approach will help you focus your creativity and complete your unique and compelling story, script, or novel. With this tool and more than 100 targeted writing exercises, you will learn to:
* Ascertain the four foundational story pillars, and use the "secret weapon" of the story template, to structure your story.
* Build character depth with believable change.
* Create subplots to raise tension while you deepen and contrast story themes.
* Review writing techniques that shape your ideas into a compelling manuscript.
The Story Template is a product of Amy's comprehensive research -- as well as her personal experience -- for what makes a story "work." No matter your level of accomplishment, this book will help you build a better story.
- The Negative Trait Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Flaws
- The Positive Trait Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Attributes
- Structuring Your Novel: Essential Keys for Writing an Outstanding Story
- Writing Active Setting Book 2: Emotion, Conflict and Back Story
- Writing Active Setting Book 1: Characterization and Sensory Detail
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.