Hundred Percenters: Challenge Your Employees to Give It Their All, and They'll Give You Even More: Challenge Your Employees to Give It Their All, and They'll Give You Even More
by Mark Murphy
Kindle Edition: 225 pages
We've all heard the saying that a happy employee is a motivated employee. But what if that's not true? Leadership IQ CEO Mark Murphy says the happy employee ; philosophy doesn't work.A study of more than 500,000 leaders and employees shows that despite the billions of dollars organizations spend to satisfy and engage workers, 72% of employees admit they're still not giving their best effort at work. Rather,it's leaders who focus on making their people great not happy who inspire Hundred Percenter performance. If you talk to the employees behind today's great innovations, you're unlikely to hear, I was inspired by a boss who coddles me. Instead you'd probably hear, My boss challenges me and pushes me past my limits. Most work places are brimming with untapped talent' only it's suppressed by leaders who fail to connect with and challenge employees to unleash their true potential. Here are just a few of the big ideas in Hundred Percenters The harder the goals you set, the better your employees will perform You should never use a Compliment Sandwich to deliver feedback Talented Terrors ;people with great skills and a bad attitude can destroy your company culture Before you can start motivating Hundred Percenters, you have to stop demotivating them You should never ask your employees if they're satisfied This groundbreaking book debunks management fads that don't apply to today s workplace and provides the facts, theories, and direction you need to become a 100% Leader.Apply Murphy's leadership lessons and you'll see innovation, productivity, and profits soar,while employee turnover rates plummet. Hundred Percenters will bring out the best in your workforce.
- Hiring for Attitude: A Revolutionary Approach to Recruiting and Selecting People with Both Tremendous Skills and Superb Attitude
- Hard Goals : The Secret to Getting from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
- Why Motivating People Doesn't Work . . . and What Does: The New Science of Leading, Energizing, and Engaging
- The Culture Engine: A Framework for Driving Results, Inspiring Your Employees, and Transforming Your Workplace
- Exponential Organizations: Why new organizations are ten times better, faster, and cheaper than yours (and what to do about it)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.