Wheelman - PC
List Price: $29.99
Your Price: $7.74
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
UBI Soft Wheelman PC
Combining spectacular Hollywood-style stunts with a gripping storyline, Wheelman provides an adrenaline-fueled, cinematic thrill ride guaranteed to leave you breathless. Vin Diesel stars as an undercover agent and highly skilled driver who must infiltrate the Barcelona underworld to gather intelligence surrounding a covert heist. Posing as a driver-for-hire, he ends up caught in a crossfire of corruption and chaos while trying to stay one step ahead of local law enforcement and rival gangs.
Video games based on movies are not rare, but what is rare is a video game developed to look and play like a movie, and that is exactly what Wheelman is. Featuring the image and voice of action star Vin Diesel as undercover agent and driver for hire Milo Burik, in an entirely digital performance, Wheelman was originally planned as a launching pad for a new movie franchise of the same name. Until then, Wheelman the video game will stand as a brash celebration of car chases and on-screen collisions that do not need a movie to keep you on the edge of your seat. Open World Gameplay and Wheelman Moves
First and foremost Wheelman is a driving game, but in its open world gameplay universe players can go anywhere, whether behind the wheel or on foot. As with other open world games, action is split between mission play, event and freeplay, with the breakdown working out to about 80% of it taking place behind the wheel or on motorcycles, to 20% while on foot. Also, Wheelman features fully destructible environments, which allows players take advantage of special in-game features, known as 'Wheelman Moves.' Designed to illustrate the game's philosophy which considers vehicles as the ultimate weapons, these features include the Vehicle Melee mode, which allows for quick and devastating vehicle sideswiping attacks; Airjacking, which allows you to jump from car to car while attacking without having to stop your vehicle as in other open world games; and the Cyclone and Aimed Shot with which players can perform devastating feats of ballistic accuracy while on the move. Key Game Features:
- Vin Diesel Is The Wheelman - Action film megastar Vin Diesel and his Tigon Studios are again blurring the lines between entertainment mediums, this time collaborating with Midway in the design and production of Wheelman to ensure an edge-of-your-seat gaming experience. Diesel’s voice and likeness will appear as the game’s main character, expert Wheelman Milo Burik.
- The Ultimate Thrill Ride - Designed to play like a Hollywood blockbuster, Wheelman delivers all the rubber-burning, asphalt-churning excitement of the most jaw-dropping high-speed car chases.
- Open World Driving - Go where you want, do what you want, however you want. Choose your own route through the living, breathing city of Barcelona as you complete more than 30 missions and 100 side-missions, or simply drive around and take in the breathtaking Spanish architecture as you seek out all the game’s hidden cinematic jumps and golden lion statues.
- Revolutionary Car Combat - Sideswipe pursuing enemies with Wheelman’s groundbreaking Vehicle Melee car combat. Execute devastating "slam-n-ram" maneuvers in all directions with a simple flick of the joystick. But be careful, because your enemies can do the same. Once you experience Wheelman’s Vehicle Melee, you’ll never want to play another driving game without it.
- Maximum Mobility - Escape down a narrow alleyway on the back of a tricked-out motorcycle. Drive through an office building to make your getaway. Hop behind the wheel of exclusively licensed vehicles like the Pontiac G8 and Saturn Astra and make your escape in style. Drive it. Trash it. Crash it. You’re the Wheelman, it’s all up to you.
- Living, Breathing Barcelona - Set in the exotic location of Barcelona, Spain. This classic European city is densely populated with traffic and pedestrians that react intelligently to your actions as you roam around realistic environments filled with massively destructible objects.
- Cinematic Signature Stunts - Survive death-defying feats and perform pulse-pounding moves to trigger extreme over-the-top Hollywood-style mobile attack maneuvers including
- Aimed Shot - Drive and shoot at the same time while the rest of the world slows to an easy-to-target blur.
- The Air Jack - Leap from moving car to moving car to take control of a brand new ride.
- The 360° Cyclone Spin: Spin around 180° to take out anyone that’s behind you, and then spin back 180° again to resume your route.
- Hit the Pavement - Even the best Wheelman sometimes needs to get out of the vehicle. Take to the Barcelona streets for on-foot action — but make sure to remember your guns.
Barcelona, Spain - the cultural capital of Europe - known for its famous Goudi architecture, provides a cosmopolitan and unique backdrop for Wheelman. Lovingly re-created as the perfect environment for Wheelman's incredible car chases - the city is filled with traffic, pedestrians and plenty of massive destruction. The realistic environment, authentic vehicles and the ambient sound and music contribute to create an immersive and believable game world unlike any other.
- Driver: San Francisco - PC
- John Woo Presents Stranglehold - Windows
- Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - PC
- Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - PC
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.