The Screenwriter's Bible: A Complete Guide to Writing, Formatting, and Selling Your Script
by David Trottier
Paperback: 424 pages
Publisher: Silman-James Pr
List Price: $23.95
The "Screenwriter's Bible" is one of the most popular, authoritative, and useful books on screenwriting. A standard by which other screenwriting books are measured, it has sold 150,000 copies in its ten-year life. Always up-to-date and reliable, it contains everything that both the budding and working screenwriter need under one cover - six books in one! Features: How to Write a Screenplay - a concise course on screenwriting basics; Correct Format for Screenplays and Teleplays - a style guide to the latest in industry-accepted formats; Steps to a Stunning Script - a step-by-step guide to the screenwriting process from nascent idea through revisions; Writing Your Breakthrough Spec Script - the keys to a marketable script; How to Sell Your Script - marketing and sales strategies and information about today's marketplaces; and, Resources - lists of industry contacts and useful screenwriting tools and services. This new edition offers expanded coverage of dialogue writing and character development, the latest in proper screenplay format, a new section on jumpstarting your career, new advice on creating and delivering pitches, more new successful writing tips and pointers, new and revised writing exercises, updated film examples, and an expanded index.
- Save The Cat! The Last Book on Screenwriting You'll Ever Need
- Screenplay: The Foundations of Screenwriting
- Story: Substance, Structure, Style and the Principles of Screenwriting
- How Not to Write a Screenplay: 101 Common Mistakes Most Screenwriters Make
- Writing Screenplays That Sell, New Twentieth Anniversary Edition: The Complete Guide to Turning Story Concepts into Movie and Television Deals
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.