Metaprogramming Ruby: Program Like the Ruby Pros
by Paolo Perrotta
Paperback: 296 pages
Publisher: Pragmatic Bookshelf
List Price: $32.95
Your Price: $24.89
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Everyone in the Ruby world seems to be talking about metaprogramming--how you can use it to remove duplication in your code and write elegant, beautiful programs. Now you can get in on the action as well.
This book describes metaprogramming as an essential component of Ruby. Once you understand the principles of Ruby, including the object model, scopes, and eigenclasses, you're on your way to applying metaprogramming both in your daily work and in your fun, after-hours projects.
Learning metaprogramming doesn't have to be difficult or boring. By taking you on a Monday-through-Friday workweek adventure with a pair of programmers, Paolo Perrotta helps make mastering the art of metaprogramming both straightforward and entertaining.
The book is packed with:
Whether you're a Ruby apprentice on the path to mastering the language or a Ruby wiz in search of new tips, this book is for you.
- Eloquent Ruby (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby Series)
- Practical Object-Oriented Design in Ruby: An Agile Primer (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby Series)
- Programming Ruby 1.9 & 2.0: The Pragmatic Programmers' Guide (The Facets of Ruby)
- Metaprogramming Ruby 2: Program Like the Ruby Pros (Facets of Ruby)
- Agile Web Development with Rails 4 (Facets of Ruby)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.