The Chinese Civil War 1945-49 (Essential Histories)
by Michael Lynch
Paperback: 96 pages
Publisher: Osprey Publishing
List Price: $17.95
Your Price: $13.84
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Out of the ashes of Imperial China arose two new contenders to lead a reformed nation; the Chinese Nationalist Party, the Kuomintang, and the Chinese Communist Party. In 1927, the inevitable clash between these two political parties led to a bitter civil war that would last for 23 years, through World War II and into the Cold War period. The brutal struggle finally concluded when Communist forces captured Nanjing, capital of the Nationalist Republic of China, irrevocably altering the course of China's future. Dr. Michael Lynch sheds light on the cruel civil war that ultimately led to the establishment of the People's Republic of China.
- Scars of War, Wounds of Peace: The Israeli-Arab Tragedy
- Civil War in China: The Political Struggle 1945-1949
- The Generalissimo: Chiang Kai-shek and the Struggle for Modern China
- Decisive Encounters: The Chinese Civil War, 1946-1950
- A Short History of World War II
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.