Teaching That Changes Lives: 12 Mindset Tools for Igniting the Love of Learning (BK Life)
by Marilee Adams
Paperback: 216 pages
Publisher: Berrett-Koehler Publishers
List Price: $18.95
Your Price: $14.98
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Gold Metal Winner in Education Commentary/Theory category of the 2014 Independent Publisher Awards
In response to educators who are already fans of her bestseller Change Your Questions, Change Your Life, Marilee Adams, the originator of Question Thinking, presents a compelling model for creating a classroom environment infused with curiosity, creativity, and caring. Through a moving story of a teacher on the verge of burnout, Adams demonstrates the powerful influence our mindsets have on how we interact with our students, our colleagues, and ourselves. Through vivid examples, she illustrates how cultivating what she calls a Learner Mindset leads to breakthroughs in critical thinking, communication, and collaboration. Complete with Adams’s Choice Map for identifying our own mindsets, a workbook, and access to online resources, this inspiring book will transform teachers and students alike into open-minded, creative, resilient problem solvers and lifelong learners.
- Mindsets in the Classroom: Building a Culture of Success and Student Achievement in Schools
- Change Your Questions, Change Your Life: 10 Powerful Tools for Life and Work (Inquiry Institute Library)
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
- Fostering Grit: How do I prepare my students for the real world? (ASCD Arias)
- Your Fantastic Elastic Brain
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.