What Color Is Your Parachute? Guide to Rethinking Resumes: Write a Winning Resume and Cover Letter and Land Your Dream Interview
by Richard N. Bolles
Paperback: 112 pages
Publisher: Ten Speed Press
List Price: $12.99
Your Price: $9.47
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
The first resume book from the What Color Is Your Parachute? career guru Richard Bolles.
Resumes get an average of eight seconds of attention before going in the trash—or getting on the shortlist. That’s just one of the findings reported here, as legendary career expert Richard N. Bolles presents new research about resumes in a guide that summarizes everything job-hunters and career-changers need to know about this essential tool.
This timely resource features the latest research on important resume topics such as key words, soft skills, scanning software, social media, and online posting. Bolles argues that on the basis of what we now know, we need to rethink what a resume is—and how it should be written. He details the words that must be avoided, and the words that must be used, on a resume that wins you interviews.
This slim volume distills a huge amount of information down to its very essence. Armed with tips and shortcuts based on the author’s decades of experience, you can craft a resume and cover letter that will stand out to your dream employers—and increase your chances of getting interviews and landing jobs.
- What Color Is Your Parachute? 2015: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers
- What Color Is Your Parachute? Guide to Rethinking Interviews: Ace the Interview and Land Your Dream Job
- What Color Is Your Parachute? Job-Hunter's Workbook, Fourth Edition
- Knock 'em Dead Resumes: A Killer Resume Gets More Job Interviews!
- What Color Is Your Parachute? 2014: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.