Conquering the College Admissions Essay in 10 Steps, Second Edition: Crafting a Winning Personal Statement
by Alan Gelb
Paperback: 210 pages
Publisher: Ten Speed Press
List Price: $11.99
Your Price: $8.00
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
A guide to crafting a meaningful and polished college admissions essay that gets students into the school of their dreams by expressing their unique personality, strengths, and goals.
Stand out from the crowd with a memorable,
meaningful personal statement that will capture
the attention of college admissions officers.
Writing a college admissions essay is no easy task—but with college essay coach and New York Times contributor Alan Gelb’s accessible and encouraging step-by-step instructions, you’ll be able to write an honest, one-of-a-kind essay that really shines.
Gelb’s ten-step approach has garnered great results for the students who have tried it, many of whom were accepted into their dream schools (Harvard, Brown, Yale, and more). This to-the-point handbook shows you how to identify an engaging essay topic, and then teaches you how to use creative writing techniques to craft a narrative that expresses your unique personality, strengths, and goals. Whether you’re an A-student looking for an extra boost or a less-confident writer who needs more intensive help, Gelb’s reassuring and concise guidance will help you every step of the way, from your initial draft to final revision. In the end, you will have a well-polished, powerful, and profound personal statement that you can feel proud of—a college essay that doesn’t feel “pre-fab,” but is a real reflection of your own individuality.
- On Writing the College Application Essay, 25th Anniversary Edition: The Key to Acceptance at the College of Your Choice
- Escape Essay Hell!: A Step-by-Step Guide to Writing Narrative College Application Essays
- How to Prepare a Standout College Application: Expert Advice that Takes You from LMO* (*Like Many Others) to Admit
- 50 Successful Harvard Application Essays: What Worked for Them Can Help You Get into the College of Your Choice
- Heavenly Essays: 50 Narrative College Application Essays That Worked
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.