What Color Is Your Parachute? Guide to Job-Hunting Online, Sixth Edition: Blogging, Career Sites, Gateways, Getting Interviews, Job Boards, Job Search ... Resumes, Research Sites, Social Networking
by Mark Emery Bolles, Richard N. Bolles
Paperback: 192 pages
Publisher: Ten Speed Press
List Price: $12.99
Your Price: $10.13
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Before you start your Internet job-hunt, there are some things that you must know, like:
• Why are job sites like Monster and CareerBuilder so stunningly ineffective?
• What can you do to make sure your resumes survive the elimination process?
• How do you find the information that search engines like Google can’t?
• How can you tell the difference between a genuinely helpful job board, and a website designed only to collect resumes?
• When are hobby forums more helpful than business networking sites?
• When is the Internet not helpful when job-hunting?
• What is the fatal flaw of all social networking sites?
The Guide to Job-Hunting Online, 6th Edition, not only answers these questions and many more, but shows you how to comprehensively and effectively use the Internet for all aspects of your job-hunt.
This companion to What Color Is Your Parachute?, the best-selling job-hunting book in the world, has been completely rewritten for our changing times and includes hundreds of updated website recommendations and descriptions. The Guide to Job-Hunting Online shows you how to quickly find the data that will be most helpful to you, how to identify and research the places where you will most enjoy working, how to leverage the power of social networking sites, and how to use your Internet time most effectively, avoiding the common pitfalls and setting you up for success.
- What Color Is Your Parachute? Job-Hunter's Workbook, Fourth Edition
- What Color Is Your Parachute? 2014: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers
- What Color Is Your Parachute? Job-Hunter's Workbook
- The Job-Hunter's Survival Guide: How to Find a Rewarding Job Even When "There Are No Jobs"
- Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters 3.0: How to Stand Out from the Crowd and Tap Into the Hidden Job Market using Social Media and 999 other Tactics Today
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.