Ordinary Families, Special Children, Third Edition: A Systems Approach to Childhood Disability
by Milton Seligman PhD, Rosalyn Benjamin Darling PhD
Paperback: 434 pages
Publisher: The Guilford Press
List Price: $42.00
Your Price: $33.76
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
This popular clinical reference and text provides a multisystems perspective on childhood disability and its effects on family life. The volume examines how child, family, ecological, and sociocultural variables intertwine to shape the ways families respond to disability, and how professionals can promote coping, adaptation, and empowerment. Accessible and engaging, the book integrates theory and research with vignettes and firsthand reflections from family members.
- Thicker Than Water: Essays by Adult Siblings of People with Disabilities
- Uncommon Fathers: Reflections on Raising a Child with a Disability
- Developmental Psychopathology and Family Process: Theory, Research, and Clinical Implications
- Case Studies about Children and Adolescents with Special Needs
- Developmental Science: An Advanced Textbook, Sixth Edition
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.