Your Food Is Fooling You: How Your Brain Is Hijacked by Sugar, Fat, and Salt
by David A. Kessler
Paperback: 192 pages
Publisher: Roaring Brook Press
List Price: $9.99
Your Price: $8.82
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Teen edition of the New York Times bestseller, The End of Overeating
Former commissioner of the US Food and Drug Administration David Kessler, M.D., argues forcefully that our brain chemistry is being hijacked by the food we eat: that by consuming stimulating combinations of sugar, fat, and salt, we're conditioning our bodies to crave more sugar, fat, and salt--and consigning ourselves to a vicious cycle of overeating. Adapted from the adult trade bestseller The End of Overeating, Your Food Is Fooling You is concise and direct and delivers the same message, many of the fascinating case studies, and the same advice for breaking bad eating habits in a voice and format that's accessible, positive, and affirming for teenagers. Young people are at most risk of forming bad eating habits--but they're also highly aware of body image and highly responsive to positive messages about health and diet. Your Food Is Fooling You is a readable, authoritative, and entertaining call to action by one of our nation's leading public health figures.
- The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite
- Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us
- Pandora's Lunchbox: How Processed Food Took Over the American Meal
- Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think
- A Question Of Intent: A Great American Battle With A Deadly Industry (Great American Battle with with a Deadly Industry)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.