Marriage And Holy Orders: Your Call to Love And Serve
by Michael Amodei
Paperback: 348 pages
Publisher: Ave Maria Press
List Price: $25.95
Your Price: $24.63
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
(© 2007) The Subcommittee on the Catechism, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, has found that this catechetical high school text is in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and fulfills the requirements of Elective Course D of the Doctrinal Elements of a Curriculum Framework for the Development of Catechetical Materials for Young People of High School Age.
Marriage and Holy Orders: Your Call to Love and Serve focuses on adult vocations in the two sacraments at the service of communion: marriage and priesthood. The discernment of these vocations involves preparation through living a chaste single life, which is also essential to living the permanent single vocation. For both women and men, lay and ordained, careful deliberation must also be given to the various callings of the consecrated life. Each chapter provides a thorough presentation of these permanent vocations.
Each chapter includes several special features:
- Panel activities that help the students foster total learning in hands (service), hearts (prayer), and mind (academic challenges).
- Review questions for each main section.
- Several Journal Assignments for deeper thought and reflection.
- Key vocabulary terms set off in margin panels.
- A Learn by Doing project for each chapter that provides a longer-term assignment.
- A Called to Prayer feature offering text from a prayer relevant to the chapter theme.
- Catholic Social Teaching: Learning & Living Justice
- Exploring the Religions of Our World
- Literature & Composition: Reading - Writing - Thinking
- Handbook of Catholic Apologetics: Reasoned Answers to Questions of Faith
- The Ten Commandments: Case Studies in Catholic Morality
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.