Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us
by Daniel H. Pink
Paperback: 272 pages
Publisher: Riverhead Books
List Price: $16.00
Your Price: $9.04
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Most people believe that the best way to motivate is with rewards like money—the carrot-and-stick approach. That's a mistake, says Daniel H. Pink (author of To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth About Motivating Others). In this provocative and persuasive new book, he asserts that the secret to high performance and satisfaction-at work, at school, and at home—is the deeply human need to direct our own lives, to learn and create new things, and to do better by ourselves and our world.
Drawing on four decades of scientific research on human motivation, Pink exposes the mismatch between what science knows and what business does—and how that affects every aspect of life. He examines the three elements of true motivation—autonomy, mastery, and purpose-and offers smart and surprising techniques for putting these into action in a unique book that will change how we think and transform how we live.
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
- To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others
- The Death and Life of the Great American School System: How Testing and Choice Are Undermining Education
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
- Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.