The Great Vegan Bean Book: More than 100 Delicious Plant-Based Dishes Packed with the Kindest Protein in Town! - Includes Soy-Free and Gluten-Free Recipes!
by Kathy Hester
Paperback: 192 pages
Publisher: Fair Winds Press
List Price: $19.99
Your Price: $17.22
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Garbanzo. Cannellini. Fava. Calypso. Edamame. Adzuki. It’s true: beans have the coolest names ever. But besides that, they’re also one of nature’s most perfect foods. Packed with protein, nutrients, and flavor, you might even call them a vegan’s #1 best friend (don’t worry, we won’t tell the trail mix, veggies, or French fries!).
But with so much versatility and variety, where does one begin? Right inside these very pages, that’s where. In The Great Vegan Bean Book, author Kathy Hester primes you on everything you need to know about the best way to cook—and eat!—every bean you’ve ever seen (and a few you probably haven’t). From soaking times, to cooking times, to what to purée, to what to sauté, you’ll be dancing delicious circles around those legumes in no time.
Not only that, but you’ll also get to try your hand—or is it your mouth?—at some of the tastiest, most innovative bean recipes in this lentil-filled land. From beanalicious burritos, to pretty-pea curry, to legume-laced blondies, you’ll be partying protein-style, every meal of the day!
- Wild About Greens: 125 Delectable Vegan Recipes for Kale, Collards, Arugula, Bok Choy, and other Leafy Veggies Everyone Loves
- OATrageous Oatmeals: Delicious & Surprising Plant-Based Dishes From This Humble, Heart-Healthy Grain
- One-Dish Vegan: More than 150 Soul-Satisfying Recipes for Easy and Delicious One-Bowl and One-Plate Dinners
- Bean By Bean: A Cookbook: More than 175 Recipes for Fresh Beans, Dried Beans, Cool Beans, Hot Beans, Savory Beans, Even Sweet Beans!
- Fresh from the Vegan Slow Cooker: 200 Ultra-Convenient, Super-Tasty, Completely Animal-Free Recipes
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.